Chapter 5

*Lilly’s POV*

I decided to meet up with Liz and our friends at Casey’s Pizza anyway. I got back earlier than I expected and finished a good bit of my homework so I figured I could treat myself to hanging out with friends. After all, it’s been awhile since I have seen them.

“Lilly!” Cece runs to me and gives me a hug. “I didn’t know you were coming here.”

“Neither did I,” Liz says. “I thought you had something to do?”

“My schedule cleared up. Besides, it’s been forever since we have hung out together!” I say taking a seat at the table. “So what are you all talking about?”

xxx

*Riker’s POV*

“So can you believe Jenny was almost killed three times in this book?”

“I know! I thought she was a goner for sure when she drove her motorcycle in the lake.”

None of this conversation makes sense because they are discussing book I have never read. This is what I have to put up with in the name of “socializing”. Every once and awhile one of them will ask me a question to get a guy’s perspective of the book. Rydel tries to get me out of the questions she thinks are stupid.  

“So Riker, what did you think of Martin abandoning Jenny? Would you ever do that to a girl, even if you think it’s for her own good?”

I sigh and answer, “Maybe. It depends on the circumstance. What happened to Jenny?”

“Dwight tried to kill her because she was bleeding. He is new to being a vegan vampire so he reacts strongly to human blood.”

“Right… So if I felt she was in a life or death situation because of me then yes, I would leave.”

“Aww that is so sweet you would care so much about someone,” one of the girls said.

“Yeah, I guess.” I realize that I am out of soda (yes, vampires can drink soda) and excuse myself from the table to get more.

The conversation isn’t that bad, I think to myself, and I am socializing which is pretty fun.

I turn around to head back to the table and bump into someone. This results in me spilling the soda all over her. “What the heck?!” she exclaims, looking stunned.

xxx

*Lily’s POV*

Dinner was going great. Cece changed what she’s majoring in, Quinn got tickets to go see one of her favorite bands, and Rebecca is working at a pet shelter.

Since everyone seemed to be doing well, I decided to tell them about my interview at Stormie Styles.