Chapter Eight

*Angel*

*Angel*

"What are you doing here?" I asked staring wide eyed at my cousin, "Why are you here?"

"Brice had some business to attend to and brought me along," Becca said. "And our moms said to check in on you while I was here."

"You two know each other?" Luke asked and I realized that him and Jack were staring at me concerned and still had their guns out.

"She's my cousin," I sighed. "Start going through the files while I talk to her. Becca follow me."

*Jack*

"Was it just me or did Angel lose all color when that girl walked in?" Luke asked as we watched the girls walk into a room and shut the door.

"Go through these on going to head back to the office for a bit," I said grabbing my jacket and keys before walking out of the warehouse.

After getting to the office I headed towards my desk and pulled Angel's file out of my drawer laying it in front of me. I started reading her file only to get confused about her more, hours later I headed back to Angel's warehouse.

Walking in the door I cursed silently when I noticed the front walkway was trashed, pulling my gun I slowly made my way further into the building to find the living area and kitchen trashed and Luke and another male unconscious and handcuffed to the bar.

"Luke," I said slapping his cheek. "Lucas, wake up."

"God my head," he groaned as I understand locked he cuffs from around him and got to work on the other guy. "What happened?"

"You tell me," I said shaking the guys shoulder as he started to come around. "I just got back."

"We were going through the files," Luke said as he helped me move the other guy to the couch. "Then someone came in yelling a bunch of nonsense, after that I don't know everything's fuzzy."

"Angel and her cousin?"

"I don't know," Luke groaned. "They were arguing and then that guy showed up and Angel yelled at him..."

"He took them," the guy on the couch said as he sat up. "Both of them."

"We can do more at the office," Luke said and I nodded helping the other guy up and to my car. Walking into the office I froze when I saw a single black rose taped to the evidence board along with a note.

"She's mine now."