Chapter Eleven

*Zane*

"Are you sure about this?" Kylie asked as she sat on the bed.

"I'll be fine," I said zipping my duffle bag closed before walking over and sitting beside her. "I'm just going to help Kane and Carter with a case then I'll be home."

"Just don't get hurt like last time," she sighed hugging me tightly. "Promise me."

"I will come home in one piece," I said grimcing as I remembered what happened on the last case I helped on. "I'll see you in a couple weeks."

"I love you," she said pecking my lips.

"Love you more," I smiled kissing her before getting up and grabbing both of my bags. After I hit the highway I pulled the visor down staring at the family photo I had there,"I'm coming my sweet angel."

*Jack*

"It's been three days and she hasn't moved," Luke said as we sat as bar in Angel's house.

"I know," I sighed getting up. "I'm going to talk to her."

"Good luck with that," Luke said and I headed up the stairs.

*Angel*

"Where is he?" I growled under my breath as I searched through the traffic cams where they had kept us hostage.

"Angel," Jack said closing the laptop keeping his hands on top of it. "You need a break before you have a meltdown."

"Like you did," I said glaring at him.

"That was different," he growled. "They're right, you do have a death wish."

"In case you haven't figure it out yet," I said storming past him. "I don't give a crap about what people think of me."

"You've always been like that Angel."

Gasping I spun on my heel staring wide eyed at the male I hadn't spoken to in years.

"Daddy?" I whispered watching him drop his bags and open his arms.

"Come here," he said and I finally lost it running into his arms while tears ran down my face soaking his shirt. "It's okay angel baby. It's okay."

"No it's not," I mumbled into his chest.

-----------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter but this is how I wanted my to end it. The rest of this book will have slow Updates so bare with me for a little while longer.