Chapter One

Today was supposed to be a great day. It was actually supposed to be the best day of my life. That's right ladies and gentlemen today was my wedding day. Noticed I said was that is a very crucial part of the story. I Rose Rylan was supposed to be marrying Anthony Brandy. That was until I walked in on Anthony sticking his tongue down my cousin Lizzie's throat. I was going to surprise him by sneaking into his dressing room in my wedding dress but turned out he surprised me.

So here I am inside of a McDonald's getting pity stares from the strangers passing by. "I'm gonna need another large fry" I yelled out to cashier stuffing my face with the rest of the fries in the box.

"How did I know I was going to find you here?" I look up from the table meeting my little sister's brown eyes. She crosses her arms shaking her head. "Rose let's go home" Seeing her in the pale pink bridesmaid dress sends another wave of emotions to me.

"I'm eating my feelings right now Emily" I whine taking a bite out of my hamburger.

"Rose you're only twenty years old. You will find someone way better than Anthony. Actually, anyone would be way better than Anthony". My blood burns just hearing his name.

Anthony my high school sweetheart the man who said he was going to love me forever. Does he not know what forever means? She points to a random guy passing by.

" I don't even know him but he would be better than Anthony" I look over to him his golden eyes catching me by surprise. He stops walking his gaze never leaving mine. His eyes glance over my wedding dress. His eyebrows crease as gaze intensifies.  Forcing myself to look away I shake my head. Nows, not the time to be looking at guys.

"Emily let me have my moment" I begged to look up at her. She finally gives In After a good minute. My eyes go to look back at the guy but he's already gone.

"Fine scoot over," She said sitting down next to me. "Pass me the Burger" I smile at her. Giving her what was left of the burger. I lean my head on her shoulder closing my eyes.

"Screw Anthony" I whispered.

" Pretty sure Lizzie already did" I broke out into laughter rolling my eyes.

"You sure know how to make a girl feel better Emily," I said gently pushing her.

"It's what I'm here for sis" She said looking at my hair. "Can I wear the veil? I wanna be dramatic too"  That's my little sister for you.

---------------------------------------------
"Rose" I heard someone whisper from behind me. Should I turn around? What if I just thought someone was whispering my name?  Then I'm gonna have to play it off what if the people behind me look at me weird.  Well I am in the produce section I can just pretend I'm looking at some apples.

"Rose" The voice seemed to yell causing me to turn around coming face to face with my would be my mother in law. Okay, I'm starting to feel like fate is playing with me now.

"Hi Mrs. Brandy," I said offering her an awkward wave. She flipped her blond hair over her shoulder her eyes moved up and down my body a displeased look on her face.

"Dear you look terrible" That's Mrs. Brandy for you. She sure knows how to make someone feel better. Forgot looking for a therapist I think I just found mine.

"I should get going nice seeing you " Typical me still biting my tongue when I want nothing more than to throw an apple at her.

"Oh tell Lizzie to come over for dinner " That is when I tripped over and fell on my face. Is this woman serious? She wants me to invite my cousin who broke up my wedding to her house? Am I this much of a joke?

"Tell Anthony to learn to keep it in his pants," I said getting up from the floor offering the fakest smile I could muster. She glared at me before storming out.

"Well, that was fun," I mumbled to myself looking down at the apples. The green ones are mixed in with the red ones making it look weirdly nice. Feeling a stare I look up meeting the same golden eyes I saw at Mcdownlods. He's gazing at me from the tomato sectioning not even bothering to look away when I make eye contact. All I see around him is light.  Even his brown hair seemed to have a golden light surrounding it. Maybe the lighting in this store is just off.

The staring match was starting to make me feel weird so I turned back around grabbing a handful of apples and started heading towards the check out section. Suddenly I felt  the urge to see the guy again. What's wrong with me? I literally just got dumped and now I'm crushing on some guy I don't even know.  Feeling someone tap on my shoulder I quickly turn around.

"You dropped this" The golden eye guy said holding up a green apple. When did I drop an apple? Probably when I was rushing off to lose him. He smiles at me but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. He just looks sad.

"Thanks" I mumbled reaching my hand over to grab the apple.  A gasp escapes my lips as his fingers graze mine. Sparks surge up my hand causing me to jump back. The green apple went tumbling back onto the floor. His eyes widen two as a painful look spreads across his face. What was that? It was almost like electricity.

"Not much of a green apple person?" He said a laugh escaping his lips. He grabs the apple again placing it into my hands careful this time to avoid touching me. Is he just going to pretend this didn't happen? I know he felt it cause he jumped when it happened.

"You caught me" I joked placing the apples into a plastic bag.

"I'm Apollo" He said giving me a friendly wave. "I'll see you around"  Before I can say anything he was already walking out the store.