Chapter Two

My ex-fiance Anthony sent me a letter this morning. Basically it was asking for all his stuff back then at the end he put that he would always love me as a friend. Yeah not a great way to start my morning.

"You've been reading that letter for like ten minutes" Emily said grabbing the letter for my hands. She skims over it holding back a laugh. "Geez Rose you literally dodged a bullet. What a jerk"

"It's kinda funny considering the only thing I have that is his, is a t-shirt from junior year of high school" Laughing it off is way better than sitting in my room and crying.

"Did you meet the golden boy again?" Emily asked sitting down at our kitchen table placing her feet on top of the table.

"Golden boy?" I asked slightly assumed by the nickname she's given Apollo even though I told her his real name.

"I tried to look him up on the internet and all I got was information about the greek god Apollo" Emily sighed pulling out her phone. "Next time try to get a last name"

"Oh I will" I mocked pushing her feet off the table. I seriously doubt I'll see him again. My heart starts to stir at the thought but I push it down starting to get annoyed with myself. I have no idea who this guy yet I miss him?

"Mom needs more green apples so go get some" Emily said getting up from the table running out before I could question her. This house isn't a green apple-eating household expect for me. Walking over to the fridge and opening it I see only red apples. Hm maybe mom does need them? Who am I kidding? I need to be honest with myself. I'm hoping I see him again.

Throwing on my beat-up vans I race out the door almost forgetting my car keys. What are the chances I'll see him again? This is a big city so the odds are already against me. But he did say he will see me soon? Maybe he works at the grocery store? Before I knew it I'm already walking into the store. My feet instantly take me to the apple section.

"Hey" Could it be? I turn around a smile forming on my face but it dies when I meet Anthony green eyes. You've got to be kidding. "Did you get my letter?"

"Yes, I did" My eyes focusing in on the apples. "Couldn't you have just texted me that?" I said crossing my arms over my chest. "The letter was unnecessary" I pause for a moment. "Almost as unnecessary as you cheating on me with my cousin"

" Rose I'm not gonna apologize for doing what my heart told me to do" Anthony said rolling his eyes. Oh no this is just too funny. I can't believe I was in love with this guy.

"Is everything okay over here?" Great now we are going to get kicked out of Walmart for making a scene. I turn around ready to apologize when I meet Apollo golden eyes. He looks between Anthony and me a frown forming on his face. How can someone be this handsome? It must be against the law.

"We are fine" Anthony said glaring up at Apollo.

"I wasn't asking you," Apollo said causing me to smile.

"We were actually just saying goodbye" I said giving Anthony the fakest smile I could muster giving him a wave. The only thing stopping me from throwing an apple at his face is Apollo.

"We still need to talk" Talk about what? How he ruined our future together because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

"Looks like she doesn't want to talk to you" Apollo said grabbing my wrist gently pulling me away from Anthony. "I would say it was nice meeting you but then I'll be lying" Apollo shouted from across the produce section. Anthony just stands their dumbstruck.

"I owe you one," I laughed as we walked out of Walmart. He just looks at my face a slight smile is on his lips. But as we make eye contact his eyes turn cold.

"Was he the reason you were crying at McDonald's?" Apollo asked curiously. He remembered that? Thankful he left out the part of me in my wedding dress. I nod my head looking down at our shoes. His grip on my arm tightened slightly he must have noticed me tense up cause he instantly let go.

"Yeah but I dodged a bullet," I said quoting Emily's wise words. Apollo nods looking straight ahead. The look on his face reminds me of the one I had on this morning while I was reading Anthony's letter. The feeling of having your heart shattered. Has his heart been broken too?

"I should go it was good seeing you again Rose," He said but the smile he gave me wasn't genuine. It seemed like his mind was in another place. He starts walking away.

"This may seem strange I hope you don't mind me asking" I rambled causing him to stop. He turns to face me waiting for me to continue. "Has your heart been broken too?"

"No, but I have a feeling it's gonna be broken soon" He said giving me a sad smile. I must have been unable to hide my confusion because he breaks out laughing making my heart stop. He looks so carefree right now and so happy. What makes me wonder what made him turn cold? "it's been a while since I've laughed Rose," He said

"Can we be friends?" I asked unable to stop myself again. I want to help him laugh like that again. I wanted to help him fix what was making him like this. His eyes seem to grow colder as he looks away. "Don't listen to your negative thoughts" I said taking a step closer to him. He looks down at me surprised.

"You remind me of who I was" He said taking a step closer to me. If I took one more step we would be touching.

"So friends Apollo?" I said giving him a smile so big my cheeks started to hurt.

"Friends Rose"