She

" But to her I taste of nothing at all "

That's how you felt. Dodie was your best friend and even though you were so close, you just couldn't tell her. Dodie was a sunshine to look at, whenever she was happy you were too. Looking at her smile just brightened up your day and so did sharing long lovely talks. Her eyes sparkled everytime she was passionate about something and everytime she sang you could see the sadness in her eyes. Listening to "She" made you tear up, but what was new in that. You picked up your phone to see a text from Dodie

Dodie: What are you doing today?

A smile played on your face as you replied, knowing that you were probably going to hang out like they always did

You: Wherever life takes me

Dodie: Well life just called, it wants you to have fun with me!

You: ....

Dodie: C'mon! I have cookies and pasta!

You: I'll be there in 10

You: Not because I want cookies ^.^

Dodie: Surrreee

You smiled at the screen. Little did she know how less you cared about cookies and how all you wanted to do was see her. You gathered your stuff and wore a (whatever you want to wear) . Then you grabbed your phone and keys and walked out of your apartment. You texted Hazel while walking over to her apartment. The texts when something like this:

Hazel: Did Dodie tell you yet?

You: Tell me what?

Hazel: She didn't? Well I better not spoil the surprise

You: What is it?!?!

Hazel: You'll find out soon, love

You: Well I'm on the way to her place so she will probably tell me then

Hazel: Can't wait! <3

You wondered what it could be. A surprise, Hazel had said. You didn't know of any surprise or anything that was happening. Could it be---- No, Dodie didn't like you, she wasn't going to confess, right. Even though it was unlikely to happen, you let the thought sit in your mind, and your heart raced at the idea. You imagined her confessing, openly singing one of her songs, strumming her ukelele, and it sounded beautiful. Oh, how that made you smile. You were you looked stupid, smiling so brightly in the middle of the street. It didn't matter though, cause these moments of imagination made you wonder what it would feel like if Dodie liked you back.However,no matter how much you wished it, It would never happen. Dodie was...... well, Dodie and you were just plain old you.You turned a corner and reached Dodie's building. You walked up to Dodie's apartment and knocked on her door. Dodie's smiling face greeted you as you walked in.

"Y/N Hi!" Dodie dragged you towards her bedroom and pulled you down with her. "It feels like forever, but it's been 2 days" she said.

"Well, I heard something about cookies so I had to come"

" I mean, I only said that to get you here! " She said, a coy look on her face.

"Well, then I guess we should make some!" You decided with a look of determination. Dodie's smile vanished and was replaced by instant confusion as you pulled her up to her feet.

"What are you talking about?" She said "We can't just make cookies right now! We don't have any ingredients not to mention, none of us bake!" She said, as you remember the fond memory of baking burnt cakes for Tessa's birthday.

"That was one time, it's not gonna happen again!" You say. Seeing her still adamant face you turned to her, and put on the biggest puppy dog eyes you could muster.

"You really want those cookies don't you?" She asked. You nodded your head, putting on the most innocent smile you could muster. Dodie stood up and walked over to her kitchen counter, while you trailed behind her even though you knew your way around her apartment like it was your own home. " I think I have everything," she said pausing for a moment."Well, I hope I have everything" she continued.

You soon got down to baking and you could hear Dodie start to hum 'Absolutely Smitten' and of course you joined along, tapping on the empty bowls that were around. After a few minutes of solid baking you finally had your mixture ready. You saw some bowls at the side of the counter and had an idea.

"I think we'd look pretty cute with bowl hats, don't you?" You said, slyly and you noticed Dodie smile.

"I think we should try it" she said, bowing down. "Would you do the honors?" She asked and you picked up the first bowl next to you. Of course, you didn't notice the egg residue that landed on Dodie's and dropped down once you placed it on her head. You watched with a horrified expression.

"Shit! I did not mean to do that" Dodie slowly got up and grabbed a bag of flour nearby. She looked at you with a grin and you suddenly knew what was coming next.

"I guess I should return the favour then, huh?" You started to escape, but Dodie locked you in a bear hug and poured some flour on your head"

......It was a mess in the end. You guys ended up cleaning up the kitchen while laughing like idiots. Of course the cookies ended up being burnt.... you guys were horrible bakers.

"Why do we torture ourselves like this?" Dodie said, taking a nibble of the burnt cookies. You smiled, knowing everyday with Dodie was like a beautiful journey. And when it was over you always wished the day would start over again. You just wished it was the same way she felt about you. Thinking about that, you remembered the conversation with Hazel about a surprise.

"Hey Dodie?" You asked " Hazel texted me talking about some surprise you had for me. Do you know what that was all about?" You could see Dodie visibly stiffen, and you wondered if everything was okay with her.

" Oh that was just some stupid thing me and Hazel were talking about, you don't have to worry about it" She said, and you could feel the tone in her voice telling you not to push any further. So you didn't, and for the next half an hour, everything was silent as you and Dodie cleaned up.

Dodie's P.O.V

'Fucking hell Dodes! Just tell her' My mind screamed, but my heart couldn't do it.

How do you tell your best friend that you're in love with her?