Chapter 1

Hai! I will actually put some funneh stuff in the dialogue, so be prepared for dank jokes. ye.

The eight friends were each having dinner when it happened. Laid in front of each door, was a letter. They read:

Dear (name),

You have been recruited to participate in a task. Only seven other people in the Earth have recieved this letter, but live in your town. Tomorrow at 8 PM sharp, meet at the abandoned post office on the corner of Kaman Street. Do NOT tell anyone, otherwise you are in serious danger.

-Anonymous

Of course, they mainly thought it was a joke. It was so weird. One part at the back of their mind worried that it was real. What did this mean? Was it a prank, or was it real? It didn't concern them too much, though. But, to be on the safe side, they each decided they would meet up at the post office.

***

Adam's P.O.V

That letter was weird. It threatened me! It said I was in 'serious danger' if I told anyone. Well, I didn't say anything.

I got in my car, and began driving. The sky was dark, but was still a bit light. I knew soon the sky would be ink black. I arrived at the post office about a half hour later. It was pretty isolated from town. I got out my car, only to find something peculiar: my friends' cars! At the door, I saw some people. I then recognized their faces: Ross, Max, Jess, Shelby (lets pretend she lives der ok), Red, Tim, and Em. "Guys, what are you doing here?" I asked. "We got a weird letter telling us to meet here..." Ross said. "We each got one. Weird, because there were three letters at our door." Max said. "Took us legit 5 minutes to figure out we had the wrong one." Tim chuckled. "Tim, this is no laughing matter! The person who convinced us to come here needs to hurry up and let us in." Em whined. Inside the post office, a green light emerged. Click! The door unlocked. We all tiptoed inside, and quietly closed the door. The light in front of us grew brighter. "What's going on?" Tim nervously asked as the ground began to rumble. The light blinded me, and all I could hear were screams. The rumbling shook me,  jerking my body around. A blast shot us back onto the floor before a light shot into the sky. The rumbling stopped, and light was gone. "What...just happened...?" Shelby asked, getting off of the floor. "I'm not sure, but that messed me up." Max said. "Hey, where's Barney? I just realized he wasn't here." I said. "Um... I'm not sure. He wasn't home when I left. He didn't get a letter either." Red told us. "That's odd.... I would've thought Barney got one..." Ross thought aloud. Out of midair, a portal ripped open. A girl stepped out, and the portal closed. Jess hadn't gotten up, but she was looking at the girl on shock. "No time to explain. My name is Libra, like the zodiac sign. Uh... that blast may or may not have given you superpowers." she quickly said. "Hold on, WHAT?!" I exclaimed. Libra flipped her purpe-black hair dramatically. "Well its not my fault! This was supposed to happen at the end of the meeting." Libra complained. "What is going on?" Jess finally asked. She'd stayed quiet for a while. "Okay, okay. I'm Libra Voncrossiantint (von- crossy-ant-int), and I am a superhero. Just not from here. I was hit by a extraterrestrial meteor and became a technically alien." Libra explained. "I was sent here to recruit you to help me save the world from a villian, Psychoclops and his minions. I was supposed to either give you superpowers or erase your memories." she finished. "Erase our memories?! For what?" Max asked her. "So you wouldn't reveal any secrets. But now that you know, you either have to initiate to be a superhero, or get mind-erased." Libra said, this time with a very serious face. "Uh- I don't want to forget to work a trumpet with farts, so I volunteer to be a superhero." Tim said. We all looked at Tim. "Honestly dont care, so I'll be a hero, too." Em said. "Finally, I can wear my underwear over my pants and not get critism! I'm in!" Red exclaimed. "I'm down. Just imagine, a squirrel superhero! His name: Squirrel Man!" Ross said. "I'll do it. My name: Sky Does Saving. My purpose: Saving people." I proposed. "Sure. I'm in" Max simply said. "Count me in!" Shelby declared. "Me too!" Jess exclaimed. "Okay, you're all in. Tomorrow, meet back here at 7 o'clock. We'll see if you're qualified, then if you are, we'll figure out your names." Libra said. We all nodded. I was the last to leave out the post office. This sure was weird, but it would probably pay off. I just hoped it was worth it.

Well guys, this was the first chapter. I am now realizing there were no dank jokes and I am upset. Dont fret, because just dont. Idk what Im saying anymore. Bai!
~Cinnamon Cindy