Match Day

Keiko's POV

"Keiko-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Can't we take a break? I'm tired." Ai said.

I shake my head. "We have just warm up yet you're tired already?"

"I'm not an extrovert person. I'm more of an introvert person." She said.

Thought so this is going to happen... better pull out my trick. "You know, Kohana-senpai would be sad if we didn't get to persuade Anjo-senpai and Kanato-kun."

"Oh no! I forgot we're doing this for Kohana-senpai! Well, what are we waiting for? Let's win sexy basketball for Kohana-senpai!" Ai shouted.

I smiled. Such a cheerful girl.

We practice shooting and passing until it was almost dinner time. "Ai-chan! Let's stop for today. We'll continue tomorrow. " I said while packing my things up.

"You go first. I'm going to practice a little more." She said before gulping down water.

"If you say so." I waved goodbye and walked to our dorm. On my way, I bumped into Kanato-kun.

"Hi Keiko-san." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"What are you doing? It's almost dinner time." He asked.

"I just got back from practicing basketball." I answered.

"Were you practicing for the match? Don't worry too much. We(Anjo and I) just play it for fun." He said with a big grin on his face.

"It's important for me and Ai. Kohana-senpai is hoping for us to bring you guys to the committee meeting... Why won't you go to the committee meeting?" I asked. We were now walking towards the girls dorm.

"Who knows." He shrugged his shoulder. "Anyway, you should go inside. It's cold out here. Goodnight."

I said goodnight and waved my hand. I went inside and have dinner.

Ai's POV

"Just one more shot." I said before throwing the ball. But of course the un-experience me missed it. I sighed. "I'm sorry Kohana-senpai.  I don't know how to play basketball."

"Cute-kouhai? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the dorm?"

I looked behind to Anjo-senpai walking towards me.

"Good Evening Anjo-senpai. I was just practicing for the basketball match." I answered his questions.

"The match? You sure are taking it seriously." He said while picking up the basketball. He handed me the ball and I took it.

"Of course I am! Kohana-senpai hoped that we bring you and Kanato-kun to the committee meeting." I said before throwing the ball and missed it yet again. I sighed. "Though I don't know if I can succeed in it."

Anjo-senpai chuckled. "Let me help you with your way of throwing basketball. Your hand should be here. Open your legs shoulder-length." Anjo-senpai was adjusting my body and when I was about to shoot he whispered, "Now focused your eyes on the net. And when you feel you have focused on the target, you shoot it."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I opened it and shoots. It went into the net! "I did it! I did it Anjo-senpai!" I shouted and hugged him.

At first he was surprised but he hugged me back and praised me. "You did a great job, cute-kouhai."

I grinned widely.

Several days later, it was the day. But before the match, we went to see Kohana-senpai's demonstration.

Before she did her demonstration, we said good luck to her. She said thank you.

And then it happen. After Kohana-senpai had arranged her flowers, there were supposed to be sparkles but there weren't. Everyone started murmuring.

"Oh no! What do you think happen to her sparkles?" I whispered/asked Keiko-chan.

"Maybe pressure?" She answered doubtfully.

After the teacher said it was pressure, students start leaving. But we didn't. We went to Kohana-senpai who is now devastated.

"That's okay, Kohana-senpai. In the next demonstration, you can prove to the academy that you have beautiful sparkles!" I said cheerfully.

"But you need to practice not to be nervous in front of everyone. Or you'll end up embarrass yourself." Keiko said.

"Keiko-chan!" I scowled. I could imagine rocks are now falling on top of Kohana shoulders making her feeling more depressed.

"What? Anyway, today is the match we told you the other day. I promise you to bring them both to the committee meeting!" Keiko said confidently.

"Good luck guys. I'm sorry that I can't go cheer for you guys." Kohana apologized. We reassured her that's it fine. We waved her goodbye and went to change into a more comfortable clothes.

Then, we went to the basketball court which is now pack with girls.

Seems like Anjo seems to notice us cause he was pushing girls in front of him to move. "Ah! Cute kouhai-chan! Keiko-chan! Ready for the match?"

We nodded confidently. With all the practice we have, I'm sure we'll win.

...was what I said. But we lost.

"Sorry girls, but you have to follow the rules." Anjo winked at us. "I'm going on a date with cute kouhai-chan!"

"You know Keiko-san, if you don't want to, I won't force you." Kanato said to Keiko.

Keiko shook her head. "I follow rules. So nope. We'll go on a date."

I called Neko to told her this news. "Neko-chan, we didn't win. We're sorry. Can you please tell Kohana-senpai?" I said sadly.

"That's fine-nya! What's more important is that you should look up!" Neko said excitingly. Look up? I looked up to see a big cherry blossom tree.

"What's wro-" Keiko didn't get to finished her question because when she looked up, she saw the cherry blossom tree. "Beautiful." She whispered.

I looked towards the boy who was looking up at it to in awe. I put my phone to my ears. "Is it Kohana-senpai?" I asked Neko who is on the other line of the phone.

"Yes! Aren't her sparkles beautiful?!!" She asked but more of like a statement.

"Em! It's pretty! Her sparkles are cherry blossom leaves!" I held out one of my hand to capture it. Even Keiko, Anjo and Kanato held out their hands! We stand there, admiring the beauty.

<^>

Sorry that I published it a little late. I was busy... I guess I am. Anyway, please enjoy this story for now!