Being Kind

Keiko's POV

I am now running around school with Kanato and Kohana. Why? Because of the opinion box. What is an opinion box? People write suggestion for the Hoshi Festival.

People were fighting over pancakes and takoyaki for the refreshment stand, the parade doesn't have enough participants, students can't get stains out of their outfit, the futsal team doesn't have enough members, roof leaking. All of this aren't  suggestion on how to make the Hoshi Festival more fun, we're doing people chores!

I tried telling them but Kanato had already done the job. By the end of the day, Kohana realized.

"But, I had fun." Kanato said with a smile.

"If I were you, I would have been mad. All that precious time, I could have study about gems." I said.

"Being kind won't hurt anyone." Kanato said.

Kind? Am I kind? I thought about kindness so much that I didn't realized I was going the wrong way. I was heading to the girls dorm but I ended walking to the boys dorm. I was about to turn to where I came from when I heard a cello playing.

I walked closer to the window and saw Kanato playing the cello. Oh! Doesn't he have a recital coming up? How could he help people while not worrying the recital?

I made my to the dorm. On my way to my room that I share with Ai, I bumped in to Kohana. I told Kohana what I saw.

"There's only one suggestion left right? Why don't we do it." I suggested. Kohana think before nodding her head.

"Poor Kanato. I've been asking for his help." Kohana said.

"We. We've been asking for his help." I corrected her. I bid goodnight and went to my room and do my usual routine.

The next day during lunch time, Kohana and I went to Kanato and told him that we don't need his help anymore.

"Where did that come from?" He asked.

"We've been thinking. Kanato-kun, we'll try doing the rest on our own." Kohana stated.

"What? But there's only one thing left." He said.

"Leave it to us. You have a recital coming up. And we don't want to see you fail so you better use your free time by practicing." I answered.

"I think you and  senpai are being reckless." He said. "The last thing we need to do is ghost busting." He said with a creepy face.

"Huh?" Kohana asked, not believing what Kanato said.

And here we are walking inside the assumed haunted building. Rumors said that a long haired woman dressed in white wanders around the school at night.

Kanato was well prepared. And when I meant 'well prepared', I meant it. He brought holy salt, talismans, a mirror, sterilizing spray and more.

"Anyway I'm excited. It's the real thing." He said.

"Are you excited too, Keiko-chan?" Kohana asked.

"I guess. This is my first time seeing a ghost." I answered.

"Don't you want to see it?" Kanato and I asked.

"No!" She answered.

I chuckled. When I looked at them, they were surprised. I tilted my head.

"You just laughed." Kohana stated.

"I rarely smile because of past memories." I explained with a sad smile. Memories of my grandpa started flowing. Tears started forming but I quickly rub them.