Chapter Five

"I've missed you, my queen" "I've missed you as well my king. But if you think you can disappear and go off on another murderous rampage without telling me, or at least INVITING ME, then we're going to have to rethink the terms of our marriage." T'Challa smiles bashfully and lowers his head. We've made it back to our hotel room, and instead of giving him the cold shoulder like I want to, I decided to be an adult and talk it out with him. I push his head up slightly with my index and middle finger. "But you're sleeping on the couch tonight." 

His jaw drops and before he can argue with me I turn around and head for the bathroom so I can get ready for bed. I take my shower, and brush my teeth then exit the bathroom. I see T'Challa on the bed. I walk past him and into the closet so I can get my bag to get my night clothes. "How has your training with Okoye been progressing?" I smirk slightly and turn to him as I put my shorts on. "It's been going well. Pretty soon I'll be able to fight the assassin head on." While I am speaking he's not even paying attention to me. He's staring at the wall with a pensive look on his face. I frown and walk to him and lower myself onto his lap and wrap my arms around his shoulders. 

"T'Challa. I know I cannot change your mind. But I beg you, please rethink this. Baba would not want this for you. He would not want you to avenge him by taking this man's life." He shakes his head and gently pushes me off of his lap. I must look hurt because he smiles slightly and takes me back up into his arms. He rests his head on my shoulder and says, "Baba cannot tell me what he would want. He will not be here to guide me, he will not be here to bid us good morning every day, he will not be here to witness the birth of his grandchildren," I tear up once he says that, "he will not be here Ava."

By now he's removed me from his arms and is pacing across the room. I sigh and watch him. "My king. Please. Think this through. If you will not change your mind, at least shower and come lay with me. I've missed my husband."He stops his pacing for a few seconds and lets out a deep breath, defeated. He gets his clothes and goes into the bathroom. I wait patiently for T'Challa to return. After a while he steps out of the bathroom in nothing but his boxer shorts. If we weren't in the situation we're in now, I would take time to enjoy the view. But this time, I give my husband a sad smile and hold my arms out toward him. He crawls into bed puts his arms around my torso and lays his head on my breast. I stroke his head and rub his arm with my other hand. I hear his breathing start to even out so before he goes to sleep I take his hand, kiss it, and I tell T'Challa I love him.

-------The Next Morning------

I feel a weight on my stomach, but at this point I'm used to it so I don't pay it any attention. I just turn over and snuggle into the warmth that is my husband, just like every other morning. I hear him chuckle and I smile a little. Happy that I could bring him joy during this time. Even if it's just a little. He tightens his arms around me and bids me good morning. "Good morning to you too my king." I don't ask him what he will be doing for the day, as I know it'll only upset the both of us. So I snuggle even further into my king's comforting arms. Wanting to be as close to him as possible before he decides to leave again, and possibly not tell me where he's going this time. I blink back tears and put my head in the pillow before T'Challa sees my eyes-which I'm sure are red. Since Baba had passed, I really haven't had time to grieve. It's just been worrying about my husband since I heard the news. I grieve silently, and decide to go back to sleep. Knowing when I wake up the next time, T'Challa won't be there to give me warmth.

I think this chapter is a little shorter than the last one. I'm sorry guys. But it's after 2 am and I'm tired. I'll have another chapter up soon I promise. And this time you guys wont have to wait so long for the next part.