Chapter Eight

My heart stopped and I froze in my spot. "Excuse me?" Convinced I heard them wrong. "My Queen we need to get you somewhere safe and secure. I'm sorry but with the King gone we need to keep you safe at all costs." My body was numb. But this was no time to panic. "Someone get ahold of T'Challa and make him aware of the situation." I order. "We are already taking care of that. I must insist you be escorted to your chambers." I nod and look to Okoye and she walks with me with an urgency to T'Challa and my bedroom. As she closes the door behind her I hear locking mechanisms behind the door that I didn't even know were there. She locks our balcony window and closes the drapes. Once she's done making sure our bedroom is secure I ask her who did this. "Of that we are not sure my lady. But until the culprit is caught I'm afraid there won't be much of going out in public for you." I nod expecting as much. Although I have a whole guard of elite warriors at my beck and call. What harm could anyone do me if I were to go out? But seeing as though I am the only ruler here I must oblige and stay in my house.
------------------------------
As the Captain and Barnes escape I look to Black Widow. "I said I would help you find them not catch him. There's a difference." Even though she can't see it through my mask I squint at her. Before I can attack her the Bluetooth in my mask goes off. Shuri's voice comes through. "Brother. You must return quickly. It's Cayleigh. Someone has made an attempt on her life." My whole world stops. I freeze in my spot and run passed Black Widow to steal one of the jets. Without a second glance to her or anyone else I take off. "What has happened?"
-------------------------------------
A few hours pass by and I am bored out of my damn mind. Okoye has not moved from her spot. She hasn't even spoken. She just stands rigidly at the door. The door knob turns and both Okoye and I are poised to attack. She holds her spear up to her head with her feet shoulder width apart. "Who is there?!" We both shout. "Although I greatly appreciate you taking care of my Queen in my absence, I would appreciate it more if you would move aside." I could hear the impatience in his voice. My face lights up and my heart skips a beat. For about two seconds. Then all of a sudden the degree of anger I harbor for him is too much for me to handle. When he walks in the door he looks happy as can be until he gets a good look at my face. Then he gets nervous. "So," I say to him," it takes me getting my LIFE THREATENED for you to finally come to your got damn senses?!" He flinches. "How do you think I felt. Learning that someone wanted me DEAD. And to not have my HUSBAND here with me to comfort me?! Not to mention your PEOPLE who I haven't the FIRST CLUE how to rule by myself. You abandoned ALL OF US to go on a STUPID REVENGE MISSION. One that you probably haven't realized YOU MAY NOT HAVE COME FROM! The man was an ASSASSIN for seventy years do you think if he really wanted you dead you'd be sitting here LOOKING at me with that DUMB ASS LOOK on your face?!" I push passed him. "Get the hell away from me." I storm out. "My Queen! You musn't go anywhere without a guard!" I'm livid. I feel like a child. "OKOYE!" I don't wait for her to catch up. We make our way to the gym so I can fight my anger out. When we enter I see a man that I've never seen in my life. "Hello. My Queen." He says mockingly.

I tried to make this one longer since it's been a few days since I've updated last. Tell me how y'all like it 😊