Sprites and Jets

"i-i'm sorry?" soonyoung was about to reply, but much like how you're not supposed to tell a person about what you wish for, he decided that they should find themselves. "uh- oh, sorry, it's from a movie, looks like it's not as popular as i thought." he said in a small voice while laughing awkwardly, trying to hide the fact that was an obvious lie. "it's alright, i don't watch movies that often." by now minghao was done checking out the customers things and soonyoung politely smiled and muttered 'thank you' on his way out.

minghao leaned with his back against the counter and started biting his nails. just as he thought he would get the boy out of his head, a customer mentioned him again, maybe they were roommates. with a jump, minghao remembered that mingyu would love to get updated on this customer.

a guy just came in and told me this guy named joonhway or some shit was my soul mate it was wild

bro what if he WAS your soul mate 👀👀

minghao looked up from his phone to pinch the bridge of his nose and contemplate why he's still friends with mingyu. quickly, it brushed past his mind that maybe it was fate, but he didn't pay that thought much mind. his thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of a new customer and he frantically shoved his phone into his pocket.

meanwhile, soonyoung tried to hide the extra skip in his step on the way home. now he knew the two souls that were meant to intertwine and become one through an indestructible passion. since he was young, soonyoung had a kick for cheesy dramas and unrealistic love stories and whatnot, but now, he could be living one right in front of his eyes. he just wishes he was the main character once.

by the time soonyoung got home, junhui had already crashed on the couch. any good roommate would of course mind their own business, perhaps cover the latter with a blanket, but it just so happened that wasn't quite how their relationship worked. gently pulling on junhui's ear, soonyoung positioned his face near his eardrums, took a breath and yelled "get up!" junhui jumped and covered his ears. "you always come home at night and wake me up, don't forget i have an early job to get to." it always made soonyoung chuckle a little when he got junhui pissed, that's just how those guys are.

as he walked off into his room, junhui hesitated to go back to bed. he's been having too many dreams about the counter boy. sure it was only one or two, but he shouldn't be having any about someone like that. it was all too peculiar and he hated it. drowned in his thoughts and staring at the ceiling, junhui had realized he had been pondering on the topic until the early hours of the morning. to be frank, he felt like shit, and as he tiredly stumbled into the bathroom, he looked like shit too.

mindlessly, he changed his clothes, grabbed his jacket and slumped to his job, teaching karate to kids. no, junhui didn't exactly know how to do karate, nor was he that great with kids (especially today), but it's the best he could find with his prior experience. at least junhui wasn't alone, high school students with their black belt usually did most of the work anyway. he'd just take a nap in his office and tell the students it's "extra practice".

'holy shit when did death bite you in the ass?' even though high school students helped out, they were one of the joys of working at a dojo. 'none of your business yeji, this is an easy lesson, so you guys can take over, ok?' 'jun they have a test today to move up a belt.' 'well then make today review.' 'but there are no reviews in sports!' 'but i'm your boss.' he flashed a smile, praying that the comment made her stop. she did, but when he turned around she rolled her eyes and whispered and 'asshole' at her boss.

he laid down and attempted to gain some relief through sleep. he tried mentally singing songs and practicing mind tricks, but it was all useless as the gloomy shadows beneath his eyes continued to grow.

the sign read some kind of stereotypical oriental word or name, minghao couldn't tell, it was supposedly a karate place of sorts. he took another second to inspect the sign and the kids in the window, one just fell over trying to show his friends a trick. usually minghao didn't pay much mind to the stores around mingyu's work, but today before he got his daily caffè macchiato with a side of mild gossip, it intrigued him. 

he strolled into the cafe and breathed in the cozy smell of java. when he got in line there was a man a few inches taller than him, wearing a leather jacket and dark jeans, minghao couldn't see his face, but he assumed he was frightening looking, he'd never seen mingyu this alert as long as he'd known him. minghao got to the front of the line and mingyu still couldn't keep his eyes off this mysterious man.  he sat down to wait for his order to be ready, he pulled out a book which had a familiar title. it could've been the one minghao hated in his freshman year, maybe it was the one he loved in his junior year, could it have been a sing lyric? no those weren't it. and then it hit him. that mystery, his dark atmosphere, and the book mingyu had told him about that made the handsome boy that came in look so thoughtful. suddenly he rushed to the counter and mouthed somewhat dramatically "is that him?" to which mingyu frantically nodded. minghao thought mingyu's little crush was cute, he smiled at the thought and opened his phone to send a text that read: you're right he is pretty handsome.

after his discussion with mingyu, all about the difficult customers and the first face-to-face sighting of mingyu's "special someone", minghao sipped his drink while gazing at the dojo yet again. it unusually had a comforting mood with it, but minghao brushed it off as the weather. he liked the few day after it rained, when they sky is a pale grey and the sidewalks are a bit damp and that indescribable scent that feels like a home you've never been to. today he decided to take the long way back home, before he had to spend what felt like endless hours in a place that smelled like sweaty hands, hot dogs, and cheese curls.

(a/n) i felt bad since these are kinda short so i made this once twice as long as my last chapter.

oH WOW hey idk if anyone's gonna read this, if you've made it this far congratulations, get yourself a cookie or something, i started this fic 2 years ago and haven't written in it for like a year or something, so i'm just gonna put it out and see what happens.