》Chapter 3《

Uta's steps echoed in the dark alleyways.

As he was lost in his thoughts it was late that he noticed it had rained; but just in time before he would have stepped into a puddle.

His reflection stared back at him.

An expressionless, cold face with emotionless eyes.

How could someone ever love him? His Ashai deserved someone better than him.

Even if his eyes might seem emotionless, the ghoul had to admit that his thoughts instead were full of emotions.
Self-doubt, insecurity.

He was good at hiding them, did not let anyone notice.
It was hard for Uta to trust others, what even raised more doubts if he should continue with his plan.

When Uta finally looked up, he stood in front of Anteiku.

He sighed.

Should he really do it? Talking about how he felt? Open up to someone?

It had taken some time to create a mask. Not one of those he designed in his shop, but one that was not made out of fabric and other material.

At that moment Uta suddenly began to realise who he really was.

He understood that his passion for masks was connected to the lifelong process in which Uta allowed less and less emotions until he had finally created a wall that kept almost everyone distanced.

Who was he? Why did he distance himself so much from the outside world?

Then the door in front of him swung open.

"Uta. Would you like to keep standing outside or would you like to drink a coffee?"

The young ghoul took one last breath before he answered: "If you don't mind, Mr. Yoshimura."