Chapter Six

I'm sorry, I am not very good at writing battle scenes. 

The large door creaked open, a darkened room awaited the eighteen year old hero. Lloyd silently stepped inside, leaving Kai to battle his sister alone. The massive metal door slammed shut behind him, he jumped as he was cast into darkness, nerves frayed and heart pounding.

Well, no turning back now.

Before he could make another move, purple flames lit one-by-one around the room, revealing the throne room. A gargantuan room, eighty foot tall ceilings with rounded walls, creating an arena-like ambiance. The walls were mixes of black, purple and gray with torches at equal distances. In the very center of the room was a golden throne; Lloyd's heart pounded at the sight of the Overlord. The Dark Lord towered above him, his height reaching over fifteen feet, his purple eyes glowed from across the room as they burned into Lloyd's soul. His onyx skin seemed to be made of dark matter itself, he sneered, revealing razor sharp teeth, as a deep chuckle rumbled from his throat. He stood from the throne, his black and purple kimono flowed around him as he smirked at the trembling eighteen year old.

"I..I have come here to fight you!" Lloyd shouted, breaking the silence in the room.

The Golden Master chuckled again, "You really think you can beat me? You've lost your dear friends, your father, and the entire country! You are all alone!"

"A ninja never quits!" Lloyd retorted, his gloved hands glowing with his green energy. The Overlord threw back his head and howled with laughter, his hands glowing fluctuations of violet.

"You are such a fool, everything you think you know is a lie!"

Lloyd ground his teeth and threw a ball of energy at the dark lord, causing him to dodge and retaliate with his own attack. The Green Ninja sent a ray of energy at the Overlord's chest, he reflected it with a wave of his hand, the blast ended up blowing a hole in the wall, leading to the courtyard of the castle.

The Overlord growled and threw a grenade of dark matter at Lloyd, causing him to roll out of the way as it exploded. Blasts ricocheted off walls and the occasional throne mishap, craters filled the walls, floor, and the door as the Darkness and Light continued their destined battle. Lloyd screamed and charged at the Overlord, throwing punches anywhere he could, but the Overlord continued to block and retaliate. With one well aimed punch to Lloyd's chest, he sent the Green Ninja soaring, crashing through the wall and tumbling into the courtyard.

Lloyd groaned as he struggled to sit up, the Overlord stepped through one of the larger holes in the walls and mocked, "I can do this for eternity, but can you? Your friends can't help you! It's over! Evil wins!"

Lloyd clenched his teeth and slowly got to his feet, his green and black kimono was torn and bloodied, showing his pale skin, dark bruises, and many cuts to his body.

"I'm not giving up!" he shouted, swaying slightly on his feet. He charged up another blast of energy and aimed it at the Golden Master, he ricocheted the blast and sent a violet ray himself. Lloyd's eyes widened as he was too slow to dodge, the blast hit him straight in his chest, sending him crashing into the courtyard wall and knocked him unconscious. His limp body slid down the brick wall and slumped in defeat.

The Overlord roared in laughter, "This is the hero destined to beat me?!" He looked to the sky and shouted, "You're going to have to better than that, Destiny!" Picking Lloyd up by the back of his gi, he smirked as blood trickled down Lloyd's pale face. "You've lost, Green Ninja. No one can save you now." 

Poor Lloyd.