Chapter Ten

This chapter is a little graphic. (warning for torture, blood, electrocution, foul language). 

***

"Lloyd! Lloyd, wake up!!"

The Green Ninja jolted awake when he felt his father shaking his shoulder frantically, he looked around at the cell before he heard a multitude of heavy footsteps stomping towards them.

"Dad, what's going on?" he asked, frightened.

"He's coming," Garmadon hissed. "Be prepared for anything."

Lloyd nodded and swallowed nervously, taking in deep breaths as the loud footsteps grew closer to their cell. Then glowing purple eyes stared at them from outside the bars, the Overlord and his corrupted followers sneered at the father and son trapped inside.

"Look at this touching scene," the Overlord mocked, unlocking the door. "Grab the boy."

Cole and Zane rushed inside the cell, Lloyd struggled in the corrupted earth ninja's grasp as Zane unlocked the chains, they dragged him outside as the Lord of Darkness relocked the cell.

"Stay strong, my son!" Garmadon cried out.

Lloyd looked over his shoulder in despair and fear as he was dragged to the throne room, newly rebuilt after the battle between him and the Overlord. His hands trembled softly as he was forced onto his knees in front of the golden throne, his hands still bound in vengestone cuffs. The Overlord sat down in his throne as Jay, Cole and Zane stood around the fallen Green Ninja, sheathed weapons at their sides.

Wait, where's Kai? Lloyd realized.

"You may not be aware of this," the Overlord said slowly, his violet eyes burned into Lloyd's fearful emerald eyes, "But one of your...friends...escaped my clutches. And I am willing to make you a deal; if you tell me all of your hideouts, then you and your precious father won't be tortured."

"Why the Hell would I accept that deal?" Lloyd spat, a grin forming on his face. "I would never betray my friends, especially if it means there's a chance to defeat you!"

The Overlord looked at Jay and gave a curt nod, the dark Master of Lightning drew his blade, electricity crackling in the Green Ninja's ears. Jay pushed his blade against Lloyd's neck, he screamed in pain as his body convulsed sporadically. His vision went white as a metallic taste filled his mouth, he wailed as Jay increased the voltage. The throne room glowed a bright blue from the electricity, Lloyd's screams echoed with the crackling lightning for several agonizingly long minutes.

"That's enough," the Overlord said, Jay removed his blade, revealing a burn mark scorched onto his pale neck. Lloyd fell forward, gasping for air as he twitched against the floor. The Dark Lord stepped down from his throne, knelt down and grabbed Lloyd by his hair, yanking his head up. "Are you willing to talk now?"

Lloyd spat blood in his face, "A Ninja never quits. Fuck you."

The Overlord growled and slammed Lloyd's face into the floor, he tore open the green Gi and looked at the ninja of lightning, "Again."

Jay pressed the blade against Lloyd's bare back, Cole pressed down the young ninja's head against the floor as he shrieked in agony, tears poured down his bloody face as his throat grew hoarse.

"I can do this all day," the Overlord growled as Jay removed his blade.

Even though Lloyd's consciousness was fading, blood was leaking from his mouth, and his throat was rougher than sandpaper, he rasped, "A...ninja...never...quits."

"Again." 

I'm so sorry Lloyd! (PS Happy Garmadon Day on Tumblr!)