Escape

The sound of a match striking broke the silence that plagued the darkness of the night. The bright light of the match lit up the room. A candle was lit.

I yawned, trying to lift my hand up to cover my mouth, but I couldn't.

I tried to move my arms, I couldn't, they were restrained behind my back.

"Where am I at?" I sobbed. I felt like I had been drugged. I awoke to what felt like a terrible hangover. I squinted my eyes as I tried to adjust to the candle's bright light illuminating the room.

I saw Charles. He bent down and delicately placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Charles, honey where are we at?" I lazily asked with a foggy memory, looking around my vision was hazy. I couldn't quite make out where we were.

Charles didn't answer me. I looked around and the haziness in my vision began to subside. The walls were made of wood logs. I was in a cabin. It looked familiar, but I didn't know why it looked familiar. I looked down at my legs, I was laying on a bed with a green blanket covering my body.
I tried to move my legs, they were restrained too.

I became alarmed.

What is going on?!

"Charles?" I called. Slowly, my memory began to come back to me.

Charles was the masked murderer!

My eyes frantically lit up. I screamed,"Somebody help me!" 

Charles put his finger up to his lips,
"Shhh!" He motioned for me to be quiet then he walked over to my bedside and closed the window that was a few inches above the bed I was laying on.

"Where are we? What are you gonna do to me?" I asked hastily. My demeanor projecting a frightening fear, my eyes wide open. My nerves pulsated throughout my body caushing me to tremble as if internal tremors had taken over.

"We're in the cabin, up in the woods. My parents cabin. Don't you remember spending a weekend here when we first met?!" Charles sarcastically asked in an angry tone.

Taken aback, I distressingly said,
"Charles, what happened to you?! This isn't you Charles. I can help you, I love you," I pleaded, in hopes that I could keep myself alive as I was worried that Charles had plans to kill me.

"Nobody can help me. Not even you, Olivia! Nobody!" Charles yelled. He pulled at his hair and jumped up and down.

"Uhhh!" He screamed.

Oh my, he is totally insane.

I began to tug at the rope with my fingers, but it wasn't loosening.

"Before I kill you, we have to celebrate. I'm going down to the grocery store to buy our anniversary cake. I'll be back,"

"Charles, no, don't. I can help you. Please listen to me Charles," I screamed.

He put a small object up to his mouth and covered it with the mask.

Oh no!

It was same distinctive mask that was worn by the masked murderer.

"Why Charles? Why?!" I cried, tightly closing my eyes to avoid staring at the mask. Tears fell freely from my eyes and down my face.

"Does this voice sound familiar to you, Olivia?" He asked.

I gasped and screamed, "Stop it, Charles! Just stop!"

It was the voice of the masked murderer. He used a small electronic device to help him disguise his voice and it terrified me. It brought me back to those two weeks of torture.