Chapter Two, Part Two: Out of Place

While I was working on some paperwork in Sweets' office, I heard a knock, which was weird considering that Sweets didn't tell me that anyone was going to come by. 

I opened the door, and standing there was a tall woman with dark curly hair.

"Hi, I'm Angela, do you know where Sweets is?"

"I'm Alex. And Sweets is out getting coffee. I'll tell him that you stopped by."

"Oh, that's fine. I'll just wait here. And you're Alex, Sweets' assistant?"

I bit my lip. I've never been good with small-talk and I was starting to be quite nervous. I pushed the anxiety down. "Yeah, today is my first official day."

She sat down on the couch and smiled reassuringly. "You know, Sweets has said lots about you. And I think you'll really like it here. We're all like one big dysfunctional family."

I laughed. "Yeah, Zack and Brennan told me all about what Sweets said. I actually really like all of the honesty around here, it's nice to know what people really think. And I'm really excited to meet everyone and become integrated in this whole thing."

"You heard?" Angela giggled. "Yeah, Sweets talked about your appearance a bit. That's not all though, he bragged a lot about your credentials and how smart you are. I've heard that you got a full-ride scholarship to Yale?"

I blushed. Oh God. I always get so embarrassed talking about my school life. People would always act so weird around me once they found out. "Um, yeah. I, uh, went to Yale." I laughed nervously.

Angela's eyebrows raised dramatically and her mouth dropped. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you uneasy. Sweets told us you were shy about your school life."

I smiled. "It's alright, it's just that I don't want to sound like I'm bragging. Because I'm not. I don't want to sound pretentious like I'm some sort of genius. Because I'm not, I swear."

Angela laughed loudly. "Not to make you feel uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure that getting a full-ride to one of the top schools in the nation and having an IQ over 150 makes you eligible to brag. But, I get the whole not wanting to sound pretentious thing, I really do. What other things do you like to do, what are you interested in?" 

I thought for a second. "I'd have to say that I'm a pretty big music person. I play piano. I'm not very good at it though. I'd have to say I'm a pretty big geek, I guess. Star Trek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural. Stuff like that. What about you?"

"I'm pretty into art, I was an artist for a while. And there are tons of people here to geek out with you. I'm a pretty big fan of Supernatural myself. Dean, Sam or Cas?"

I smiled really widely. "Sam, all the way. What about you?"

"Dean. Definitely Dean." 

Sweets came into the room quickly and placed the coffee on the table.

"I see you've met Angela," he smiled at both of us, "what are you two talking about?" He handed a coffee to me and sat down on the couch in front of us.

Angela adjusted her hair clips. "We were talking about Supernatural," Angela looked at me, "Sweets is on Team Cas."

Sweets rolled his eyes. "Oh come on, don't make it sound like I'm some blubbering fangirl, because I'm not. It's just; he's so cute! With this little trenchcoat, and..." He paused. "Okay, so maybe I'm a little bit of a fangirl."

I giggled. "Well, it's good to know I have stuff in common with all of you."

Angela smiled. "So, have you met the entire team?"