8- Breathe in the good

"Ugh, my head's killing me." Were the first words that left Scarlet's mouth when she woke up. The next words were, "Why are you two staring at me like that?"

Juliet and Blake were sat on their respective mattresses as they stared intently at the black-haired girl. Blake had told Juliet about how Scarlet was undeniably drunk last night, and how the both of them had heard the slurs that were just spewing out of her mouth about the one and only Katie.

"Who's Katie?" Blake opted to ask as he stared at Scarlet, who looked like she had seen a ghost. "How do you know that name?" Juliet and Blake's eyes squinted at Scarlet as she squinted her own back at her cousins.

"We asked you a question first."

"I'm older than you."

"I'm the exact same age as you." Blake retorted as he smirked triumphantly while Scarlet sighed audibly. "She's my.... friend." She spoke as she tried not to make eye contact with her two cousins while holding her throbbing head.

"We heard something truly different about her last night." Juliet spoke with a smirk on her face as she wiggled her eyebrows at Scarlet. "Yeah, something like 'Katie, I loved you!'."

"I did not say anything like that." Scarlet argued as she looked away from her cousins, denying to make any type of eye contact. "Yeah, you did." Blake had a smug look on his face when Scarlet sighed.

"She was my girlfriend." Scarlet emphasized as she rubbed her aching head. "She cheated on me." Blake gasped but Juliet stayed indifferent since she already knew.

"We should hunt that bitch down." Blake practically growled as he pounded his fist on his open palm.

"Woah, woah. Back up. No cursing and definitely no hunting anyone down. And please don't tell anyone else about the fact that I had a girlfriend." Blake nodded his head frantically as Scarlet gave him a look that basically said, 'behave'.

"Now, you answer my questions."

"Okay, what do you want to ask?" Juliet crossed her legs as she leaned back on her hands. "First, why does my head hurt like I slammed it hard on something?" Scarlet asked as she groaned loudly.

"That, my sister, is called a hangover." Blake smirked at the confused look on Scarlet's face. "Boy, you're really ignorant to the things that you don't like."

"It's because of the heavy drinking you did last night." Blake explained slowly as he glanced at Juliet.

"I drank last night." Scarlet's face held horror and recognition as bits and pieces of last night surfaced from the back of her head to the front.

"I drank last night!" She yelled before she looked at her cousins. "Does mom know?"

"No, we got you covered there." Blake waved his hand dismissively as Scarlet looked at him in gratefulness. "You should thank Lauren, she's the one that brought you home last night." Blake added.

"And also apologize to her, you kept calling her Katie." Juliet smirked when Scarlet groaned audibly. "Well, look at the bright side, at least Stewart is gone."

Scarlet looked at her cousins with an eyebrow raised while her cousins shrugged. "Thank Lauren for that too."

"I don't want to talk to her." Scarlet groaned as she got up to clean herself up. Her body smelled distinctly of vomit, so she knew that she needed a much-needed shower and change of clothes.

"You have to, because she's gonna stay until Van's wedding which is only a few weeks away."

Shaking her head, Scarlet entered the bathroom after grabbing a pair of jeans and t-shirt. She closed the door behind her with a sigh, as she tried to think her way out of even looking at Lauren's face.