face to face (contd.)

"hey." Cole said, pulling Amelia aside after mostly everyone had left.

"hi." Amelia said, flinching a little. Cole noticed and frowned.

"bad news." Cole said, running a hand through his hair.

"huh?" Amelia said, confused.

"we can't 'chill' yet. mom wants me at home." Cole said, biting his lip.

Amelia tried to fight the grin that was appearing. "it's ok." she replied. Cole nodded thoughtfully.

"ok. see ya." Cole said, turning to leave. Amelia waved him off. she decided to stay for a while and watch two 5 year olds try to hold the bowling ball. she got up to help them, but another person beat her to the punch.

Dylan.

he helped the kids straighten their posture and got them a lighter bowling ball. Amelia watched with admiration. he was so nice. Cole would've just laughed.

"why am i comparing him to Cole?" Amelia questioned herself. she shook her head, as if trying to clear the question and continued to watch the kids.

"you wanna have kids with me?" a voice asks, making her whip her head. she hadn't even noticed Dylan sneak away from the kids.

"uh..." Amelia paused, as if she was actually considering the question.

"is that a yes?" Dylan asked, weirdly hopeful. maybe he was faking it.

"nah, I'm good thanks. you can fuck yourself, though." Amelia said, regaining dominance over the situation.

"join me." Dylan said, winking. Amelia glared at him,
making him laugh.

"i knew it!" a voice roared over them.

what was Cole talking about?