promise me?

dylan steps out of the car, heading towards cole. cole feels the tension in the air. 

how could he have let amelia get between them?

but that doesn't matter now. dylan's here.

and he looks serious.

as soon as dylan reaches cole, he grabs him by the collar and pushed him against the tree. cole doesn't say anything, but dylan can clearly see the confusion and fear in his eyes. 

"promise me." dylan demands. 

"huh?" cole breathes out, the frosty air piercing his lungs. 

"promise me!" dylan commands again.

"what do i promise?!" cole yells.

"that you won't hurt her, you ass! because if you can't do that, your not meant for each other!" dylan yells, breathing heavily.

cole pauses for a moment to study dylan. tears threaten to spill out of his eyes, because he knows what he will say next is a hundred percent true.

"i can...i can't promise you that." cole whispers.

"what? why" dylan looks so surprised he lets go of cole.

"because i know- i know that you like her. and she has feelings for you. and if she likes you, she can never be happy with me." cole says, the tears spilling onto his cheeks.

dylan stares dumbfounded at cole for a moment, but then turns around and heads towards his car. 

this was cole's choice.

if he would be selfish enough to keep his first love, or sacrifice it for the happiness of both of them.