the truth

AMELIA awoke, startled at the buzzing that was coming from her night stand. She felt drowsy, and didn't bother checking who was calling before hitting decline. She rubbed her eyes, the bit of eyeshadow that was on her eyes rubbing off. The last text she had gotten from Cole was odd, and she had gone straight home and thought about it constantly until she had fallen asleep. Her head throbbed at the memory of the dream she had, and she dragged herself to the bathroom to analyze her face in the mirror.

             After cleaning up, Amelia went and picked out her dress for the occasion. Cole had said it was important that she looked presentable, so she decided on a cocktail black dress. She knew she was overdressed for the occasion, but she went with it. Amelia wore a little makeup for the occasion. Her unusually pink lips were graced with matte burgundy lipstick, and her eyes were brushed up with a halo of orange and burgundy eyeshadows. Her usually rosy cheeks were brushed up with some highlight. She paused and studied her face in the mirror. She looked like Alexis, Dylan's "friend", and she loved it.

            Amelia stepped out of the house, and climbed into her Toyota Camry. The drive on her way to the address was uneventful, and Amelia hummed along to some pop music as she drove on the mostly empty streets. The address came into view, and Amelia reapplied her lipstick and stepped out. As soon as Amelia walked in, she knew she was going to be early. Amelia didn't like dates like these, but she was buzzing with excitement, however, at the possibility of simply seeing him. She was also worried that something would go wrong if they were caught alone together. She flitted about in nervousness, thinking of what Cole had said in their previous conversation. 

           Her thoughts soon went back to the weird dream she had had. It was one of those long dreams, the ones that make everything seem so real that you don't question it. You almost like it, but it brings you pain. You cry and you laugh and it feels so good but it hurts so much. And, when you wake up, you think "oh fuck" because you think what occured in the dreams was so real that they couldn't have possible been false. 

           Amelia was brought out of her thoughts by footsteps behind her. She knew who it was before she heard the voice. "Got a dollar?" the voice questioned. She turned around to come face to face with the fuckboy himself. The same one she had dreamt about. The same one she had seen a future with. The same one she had fallen in love with in her dreams. She suppressed a smile, thinking about the silly dream. As if Dylan Remmings could ever fight Cole for Amelia. As if she would ever ditch him on a date. Amelia shook her head, silently chastising herself for even having the thought.

         Taking a deep breath, Amelia looked into the eyes of Dylan Remmings, ignoring the unpleasant sounds of the bowling alley. She looked deep into his eyes, getting lost for a minute. A devilish smile formed on her lips and she took another deep breath before looking up and Dylan. "No. Fuckboys should earn their own money." Dylan grinned a relieved expression, glad that what he had also dreamt had not happened in real life. As if Amelia would leave Cole for him. He shook his head, silently chastising himself for even having the thought.