When I'm With Him Everyone Else Disappears.

Mara's POV

"Your getting so much better." Jace exclaimed as he and Clary came to approach me and Alec.
"Thanks." I told them.
"We're throwing a party tonight, make sure your ready by 7." Jace told me.
"I don't have anything to wear." I explained.
"Me either." Clary agreed.
"I can help with that." Isabelle said walking up behind me and smiling.
"No Izzy, I'm sure they can just go shopping." Alec said.
"Ooh shopping." She said excitedly.
"This is going to be along day."

I walked into Maryse's office to find her trig at her desk looking at her computer.
"Ahh, yes Amara." She said. "I've been expecting you." She said.
"Mara's fine, honestly." I told her.
"I expect everyone in this place to be professional so Amara is fine thank you." She said coldly. "Anyways, tonight at the dance I would like you to ask Alexander to dance with you. I need to see you making progress else you won't get this weeks pay." She said.
"Yes ma'am." I said before rushing off quickly.

I got back to my room and jumped in my shower. I usually think about my life decisions whilst I shower but this time I was thinking about a person. Alec. I didn't know why. It just came to my mind. When I'm with him everyone else disappears. Why? I shake it off and get out. I towel dry my hair and pin it back into a high loose pony tail. I do my makeup and take down my hair and blow dry it. My hair went curlier than usual so I decided to straighten it. I put on jeans and a white t shirt before going to meet Clary to go shopping.

When I got back I just need to get changed. I did so and I looked in the mirror. I have to admit I thought I looked stunning. But that was only me.