Chapter 4 - There's no way in the world

Anna's P.O.V

My shoes clapped along the concrete floor of the warehouse-like building. A small woman who looked as if she was in her mid-thirties, was guiding me to the audition room.

I have never been more nervous or excited in my life.

She stopped at a door on the left of the large hall. She opened it a little bit, and popped her head in to talk to someone.

After a few seconds, she turned towards me, opened the door, and said, "Alright honey, you can go on in. Good luck." I replied with a shaky "thank you," and stepped into the room.

There I saw Sharon, David, and Phil. Siting at a table, just like I knew they would be.

Sharon smiled at me and said, "Hello love!" "Hi," I smiled nervously, and walked to where I was supposed to stand.

"So what's your name love? And what song will you be playing, and or singing for us today?"

Gosh she was so sweet. "I'm Anna Chambers, and I am going to be singing and playing Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles."

Phil smiled, "great song choice Anna, you can start whenever you're ready." "Okay thank you."

I quickly got my guitar out of it's case, made sure that it was perfectly tuned, and started to play. The sound rang out, and my fingers moved swiftly and cleanly.

Concentrate. Move. Third string, A minor chord. Everything was going perfectly. I sang, and never missed a note.

Thank you Lord.

My voice wasn't really strong, but my pitch was a lot better than it was a few years ago. Before I knew it, I had finished, and the last chord rang out to the claps of my three person audience.

"Very nice Anna! Lovely!" were the words that Sharon spoke. Wow. I'm done. "Thank you," I bowed my head.

"You will be notified if you are to be called back. We don't have many more people left to audition, so we have been able to figure out our "call back" list fairly quickly. More likely than not, we will hold the call backs tonight, so if you can stay around this area, that might be helpful ," she winked.

I told her that I would hang around, said thank you, and left the room. As the lady from earlier guided me out of the building, all I could hear was "Anna, welcome to the Celtic Thunder band."

I felt shivers down my spine. My dream was so close, so close, and I just had to hope that it came true. Even though it was a one in a million chance. Literally.

As I left the building, I shielded my eyes from the sun. I heard Rose's voice call out to me, " How did it go?!" I turned to see her standing at the door on my left.

"I was good, and good luck! You'll be in there in a minute," I giggled at her nervous face. "They aren't bad, just relax and be yourself. You'll be fine."

She took a deep breath and smiled at me as the door opened, the woman calling for her to come in. "Thanks," she glanced my way, and disappeared into the building to give her dreams a try.

In line, there were people talking, and some completely silent. Some looked happy, and some looked nervous. Some seemed as though this was just another performance in a coffee shop.

I scanned the line as I sat on a bench by a planter of flowers, and set my guitar and music down next to me. I was imagining that I was Sharon, and I was deciding who would be the best fit for the band.

The girl with the dark eyes and the auburn hair was pretty, but was much too tall for everyone else. She was even taller than one of the guitarists named Dave Bakey.

I glanced over to the next girl in line. A beautiful girl, with light red hair, and a light spattering of freckles along her nose and cheeks. She'd be a good fit.

I was torn from my daydreams when I saw someone standing by me, out of the corner of my eye. I didn't want to stare, but I wanted to see who it was.

As I turned my head slightly, my breath got caught in my throat, and my heart felt like it had stopped beating.

He can't be here. He can't. There's no way in the world.