Chapter 6 - I Feel Like I'm Dreaming

Anna's P.O.V.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I got called back. I got called back. Oh. My. Gosh!!! I heard Sharon laugh,"You are very welcome. We were very impressed with your performance. So come to the same room as before, at around 5:30?"

I checked my watch. That was in two hours and forty seven minutes. "Of course! Thank you again," I was freaking out. "Okay no problem. Thank you," "thank you, bye," "Goodbye."

I hung up and set my phone down. I sat back down on the bench, and buried my face in my hands. Oh my gosh. They liked me. Maybe they even loved me! Lets hope that they love me enough to want me on tour.

I picked up my phone again, and called Grace. I had kind of forgotten to call her earlier... Oops. It rang a couple times before she answered, "hey! Why didn't you call me?! Are you okay? Did it go well?" I laughed and squealed like a little girl.

"Sorry! Well, I got called back!" I paused, waiting for her response. For a second, there was dead silence, and then,"Ohmygod that's awesome! Yay! Yay! Yay!" I laughed. I could see her right now, jumping up and down. I could hear her clapping.

"Oh! And guess what?!" All of this had happened so quickly, that the last fifteen minutes were sort of a blur. "What?!" "Well I kinda met somebody," I took a deep breath to keep me from blurting out who it was.

"Who?! Who did you meet? Oh let me guess. Keith Harkin?!" She started laughing at her "joke". If she only knew. I waited for a second until she stopped laughing. I heard her voice again, "Wait. What's wrong?" She paused and I didn't say a word, waiting for her to continue.

"Ohmygosh. Do you actually meet him?!" Her voice rose in question, "Ding ding ding! We have a winner!" "Whattt?!? Are you serious right now?!" I laughed, "yep! Crazy right? It was so strange!"

She was so excited, it was hilarious. I was still recovering from the "spontaneous meeting" and I was surprised that I had managed not to scream loudly in public... yet.

"Oh my gosh that's crazy! How long do you have until your second audition?" "In about two and a half hours. Why?" Finally realized that I was standing awkwardly, and quickly sat back down.

"'Cause I want you to come over and talk about what happened! We can hang out for like an hour or something and then you can go back. What do you say?" I pondered it for a moment, "yeah okay I'll be over in 20 minutes."

"Yessss! Awesome! Okay peace out Girl Scout!" I chuckled, "Peace out Girl Scout!" I hung up, and laughed at our special "goodbye" that we had made up when we were 13.

I grabbed my guitar and my music and headed to the car. This has been a crazy day.

*Arriving at Grace's house*

I had just gotten off of the phone with my mom(who was ecstatic), and I pulled into Grace's driveway. We both still lived with our parents, and liked it that way.

Grace had planned to go to college, but her relationship with her boyfriend Ryan, and other things, had made her change her mind.

I on the other hand, had never had any desire to go to college. I couldn't bear the thought of more schoolwork, more people telling me what to do, and just the overall torture. Music and horses have been my only real passions since 7th grade, so there wasn't much reason for me to go to college. I didn't have the money anyways.

I turned off the engine, unbuckled, and flung the car door open. I couldn't wait to tell Grace about everything that had happened.

Before I even reached her front walkway, she came flying full force, out of the front door. "Hey!!!" I laughed,(this is normal),"hi!" She pulled me into the house and we crammed ourselves into the playroom under the stairs.

The playroom held so many memories of when we were little. Our names where scribed all over the pink walls in EXPO marker and Sharpie. The names of our past crushes and dates of days when we hung out were all written on the walls and all over the small wooden table.

We plopped down on the floor, and got ourselves comfortable. Grace turned to me and said,"So!? Tell me about how the audition went, and then tell me about Keith." I took a deep breath(can you tell that's a habit?), and told her everything.

After telling about meeting Rose, auditioning, and talking with Sharon briefly, Grace wanted the "juicy" stuff. She eyed me, a questioning look plastered on her face. "Okay. So tell me about Mr. Harkin..." She wiggled her eyebrows and we both laughed. "Is he more hot in person?"

"Yes very! Well, it was quite surreal. I was just sitting on a bench outside, daydreaming as usual, and I saw somebody out of the corner of my eye. I kinda glanced over to the right, and I saw him standing there behind me a little ways away. I swear my heart must've stopped completely. I had no clue what to do, I was so nervous. Then all of a sudden, the bench shook a little bit, and sure enough, he came and sat right next to me!"

"Oh my gosh he did?! That's so amazing!" Her eyes were wide and she looked so shocked. "Oh it gets better. So then he smiled at me and said hi, and told me his name. When he asked me what my name was I completely blurted out, 'My name's Anna, and I already know your name'."

"You did! Oh my gosh wow." I laughed at her surprised expression. "Yeah! I was surprised at myself! So then we started talking about how I auditioned and stuff. He then asked me why I auditioned, and one word kinda flew out of my mouth. I was all, 'you'."

Grace laughed, still surprised. "Really?! You have more guts than I thought, and I've known you since first grade!" "Yes! I had no clue why I said that but I did. So then he asked why him, and I ended up explaining my whole story."

Grace cut me off mid-sentence, "that I've heard a thousand times in many different forms."

"Yes, but he seemed really interested in what I had to say. He just stared at me the entire time. After I told my story, he was completely silent. I figured that I had bored him to death, and went to apologize, but he said something like 'don't apologize I just don't know what to say. I didn't know that I could have such an impact on somebody's life'. Then out of the blue he says thank you!"

Grace looked at me with a strange expression on her face. "Why did he say thank you?" "Well he said that it meant a lot to him, when I told him my story I guess. I then told him how much he meant to me and whatever and he started to laugh, I had no clue why. He then goes, 'I have never talked like this with a girl before. Do you mind me asking how old you are?"

Another questioning look was plastered on her face,"he changed the subject fast there!" I laughed, that's what I thought! So anyways, I told him that I was nineteen, but didn't want to of course. He then said something about how nineteen was a good age, and that these next few years are going to go by fast. I then said that I wish I was older. He asked why, but our phones rang at the same time, and we both had to go. We said goodbye quickly, and left. It was so strange!"

"Wow! That's crazy Anna! You just got called back to an audition, and met your idol within a span of an hour." "I know! I feel like I'm dreaming."