Chapter Six

"Well, looks like you need a bunk mate." Abraham announced in a teasing tone from the doorway, and I looked up from the dresser to glare at him. "I'll make sure to find someone I actually like," I replied, and he frowned placing a hand over his heart, feigning being hurt. "Ouch, Jones. That hurt my feelings," he stated softly, trying to hold a serious expression, but a small smile cracked through the mask and he chuckled as I rolled my eyes. "Well what do you know, the ginger has feelings." I replied bitterly as I sat down on the edge of the bed, covering my face in my palms. "You okay?" Abe asked, forgetting what we were talking about as he entered the room. I looked over at him and sighed, "I keep having nightmares...about Terminus, and about what we did at the church." I admitted softly, and he frowned. 

    He sat down beside me with a grunt, and I stared at the wall in front of me with a blank expression. "I'd never killed anyone before the church." I stated, biting my lip as he thought over my words. "You feel bad?" Abraham asked, and after a moment passed I shrugged. "No...yes...no. I don't know," I groaned covering my face, "They almost killed us. I know it was the only way to protect everyone." He cleared his throat, scratching at his chin before looking at me. "You did what needed to be done. If your ass is standing on hot asphalt, you try to get off onto the cool grass. That's just how shit works," he replied with a gruffness to his voice, and I met his gaze, completely at a loss for words. 

    "Y- yeah...I guess you're right," I breathed out after a long pause, looking down at my hands as he stood back up, the bed creaking in the process. "Hey Abraham." I called out softly before he could leave the room, and he stopped without looking. "Thanks for listening," I said, and he glanced back briefly before replying. "I'm not a complete asshole, Jones." he stated before walking out.

Author's Note: let me know what you guys think! I know it's short, but it's another inbetweener (is that a word?....yeah who the fuck knows lol)