Chapter Seven

Author's note: I'm so in love with this story like I have so much planned lol let me know what you think and would like to see!:)
-----------------------

    "Juna," Rick's voice called out as I headed for the stairs, and I turned to face him, eyes going wide. "Sorry, do I know you?" I teased with a playful grin as I took in his freshly shaven appearance, and he chuckled softly scratching his temple. "You good?"  he asked, and when I nodded he sighed. "You haven't been the same since...." he stopped himself, thinking over what to say "....I just want to make sure you're okay." I smiled at his words, grateful for how much he cared about each of us. "Thank you, Rick. I will be eventually." I replied softly before heading downstairs where the rest of the group were setting up camp for the night.

I looked around and found Abraham, who was helping Rosita unroll a sleeping bag so she could spread it out on the floor. I mentally rolled my eyes, asking myself why she'd need help with something so simple before picking up my sleeping bag, and in one swift movement I rolled it out. Abraham noticed this, chuckling softly with a shake of his head which only seemed to upset me, and not knowing why it did made me angrier. I scoffed as I laid it on the floor, smoothing it out without so much as a glance his way. Once I was satisfied I stood back up, letting out a soft sigh as I finally looked over at him, noticing how he quickly looked away.

I smirked at his reaction, biting my lip as I looked around at everyone else while they finished up. This was my family now and, no matter how we all came together or the obstacles we faced, that would never change. Deana had stopped by a few minutes ago, making sure we were adjusting well to the house, commenting on how amazing we were to stick together through it all and how we never would've met otherwise. And for the most part that was true, but I had known Glenn; he used to deliver pizzas to my house on few occasions. There was also my grandfather, who had died back at Maggie's family farm.

I smiled fondly as memories of him filled my head, sitting down on the sleeping bag with a content sigh, laying back. I closed my eyes slowly, forcing myself to fall asleep.