Chapter 13- The Date Part 1

HaileyTheTiger is my fan of the week.

Chapter 13

When I stepped out of the shower, I smelled her before I saw her. That may sound extremely weird and strange, but she always had this odd natural fruity smell. I wrapped a towel around my body and opened the door, fully prepared for the madness I was about to experience.

When I opened the door, the first thing I noticed was her bright orange hair. Not red, but orange. She always did things like this, dyed her hair any color, because she was that crazy. And, she was fascinated by humans. I use to hate that about her, but now I'm wondering if I ever really hated humans.

Just kidding, of course I did. That was just a small joke...wait, am I seriously talking to myself right now. Anyway, back to her. My best friend, Nicole summers. Not your average vampire name, but her parents wanted to be human. They taught her about humans, and human life just so she could accept them. Not hate them. Like me.

She slowly stood up from sitting on my bed, and crossed her arms. I opened my mouth to reply but she raised her hand, "I'm not gonna ask, why my best friend hasn't contacted me in two weeks. I'm not gonna ask about anything, until you come back from this date. But, be warned. I will eat you alive." I nodded slowly, not at all freaked out by her threat.

She flung a red dress at me, "Put that on, and then I'll fix your hair." I stared at the dress, as the silk fabric slid across my skin every time I moved. I was afraid to put on the dress. Nicole's fashion was a little....out there. Like her hair. She wasn't afraid to wear what she wanted, she didn't care what people thought of her. I didn't either, but I didn't want to go out looking like a slut or something, that would be horrible.

She sent me a look of disbelief, "I wouldn't make you look like a slut, I may be mad but I wouldn't make my best friend look like a slut. Even though I should, since you haven't contacted me in weeks." I sighed,

"Fine, and I'm sorry but some things have come up." She nodded,

"Yeah, like a mate. I had to ask my mom what the heck that was, because I sure as hell didn't know." I laughed, "I'm glad you've found your soulmate. And, I'm also glad he's not human. If he was, you would've eaten him alive." I gave a nervous chuckle,

"I haven't actually hated humans in a while now." Her jaw was practically touching the floor. I laughed at her shocked face, and she laughed too. Then she hugged me,

"I can't believe this day is finally here. Elizabeth has finally stopped hating humans. Wow." She said in amazement, I laughed,

"It's not a big deal-"

"Not a big deal! That's like saying finding big foot is not a big deal." I shrugged, I thought it wasn't a big deal. She pushed me towards the bathroom, "Now, put that on, and come back out immediately, so I can do your hair." She gave me a mischievous look, and then pushed me in the bathroom. I rolled my eyes, and quickly slid on the red dress.

It fit in all the right places, and it showed off my legs. I smiled, wow I feel so...girly. I stepped out of the bathroom, and Nicole immediately screamed. I jumped at the sudden sound and then laughed,

"Calm down, it's just a dress." I said, making Nicole glare at me.

"Just a dress? Just a dress?!" Here we go, "Elizabeth, you don't wear dresses, so it's not just a dress. It's your future." Okay? I nodded, to make Nicole feel happy but on the inside I felt like it was just a dress. Sure, I don't wear dresses often...or at all, but it's not a big deal.

She pushed me down in a chair, and pushed the chair in front of my mirror. She stared at my hair with a creepy smile,

"I've always wanted to do your hair." I just laughed, even though I knew I should be freaking out at the mischievous look on her face.