Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Before we could walk inside the building I pushed Thomas to the side. We were standing beside the school, away from the humans so no one could see us, or hear us. Thomas stared at me,

"What's up?" I really didn't know. But, something in my gut was telling me to ask him about Martha. Now, I'm a pretty smart person, there's no need to be modest when it comes to my intelligence. And, I happened to notice that Thomas was acting a little weird around Martha. I also knew he was hiding something, he's just so easy to read.

"Did you really think you could hide it?" I questioned, not really knowing how to start it. Thomas's eyes grew wide, like I just told him Spongebob died. He started to grow even paler, if that was possible. My brother was pretty pale, but in an attractive way.

"Elizabeth." He started then he sighed, "I was going to tell you eventually, but I wanted to tell her first." He said slowly. Okay, now I'm curious. What is he talking about? I nodded for him to continue, and so he did,

"Martha's my mate." Silence. That was all there was between us. He didn't just say what I think he just said. But, that doesn't happen all the time. It's rare. A vampire mated to a human. Well, it did happen with mom.

"I guess that makes sense. You do have that lovey dovey look on your face. It's the same way Ashton looks at me. I should've put the clues together." I said frowning slightly. Maybe I'm not so smart.....nope, just kidding.

I smiled at Thomas, "Luckily, it's a new day and age where the vampire community doesn't burn a vamp who's mated to a human." I said shrugging slightly. Thomas gave a nervous laugh,

"I don't know about that, Beth." I glared at him when he called me that awful nickname, "The vamp community is filled with old vampires, who stick to the old ways. This is why I wanted to keep it a secret." I stared at Thomas as he looked a little sad.

"It doesn't matter, you're gonna change her anyway." I said shrugging again. Something I took from hanging around Martha. Thomas had this nervous look on his face. I stared at him,

"You are gonna change her, right?" I questioned, and he shrugged,

"Not against her will. Look, let's not talk about this. I haven't even told her yet, so when the time comes then we'll talk about that. Just not now." I nodded, and we walked around the building and entered. The hall was deserted, signaling that first period was going on.

"Congratulations. I always knew you would end up with a human." I said slapping Thomas's back, "Wait, 'til mom hears. She's gonna invite her over for dinner." Thomas started to pale again, making me laugh. It's so fun to bother older brothers.

I've realized that walking into class thirty minutes late, happens to be a big no-no to teachers. So, when Mr. Robert yelled at me and Thomas and kicked us out of the class, I was a little shocked. I looked at Thomas, giving him a 'what now?' expression. He shrugged,

"He said, we have to go see the principal." I nodded. Mr. Robert did say that, actually he yelled it making his round face this bright red color, that put tomatoes to shame. Even though he practically pierced my eardrums, telling us to see the principal, I wasn't sure that was a good idea.

"We've never talked to him, you know. The principal, I mean. He is a," I lowered my voice, "Vampire." Thomas froze in mid-step. He looked at me with his bright green eyes, that were almost covered by his black hair. It's really dark brown, but it looked black to me.

"Shit, I forgot about that." I laughed,

"You said a bad word." Thomas rolled his eyes, "And, you need a hair-cut. It's so shaggy." He frowned at me, and started to walk away.