"Confession Time"

The ride home seemed like it was shorter than ever. Usually it took us forever to get there, but this time it was quick. When we pulled up at my house I asked Dria to call Dee and ask him to come over because I had something important to talk to them about. We walked into my house and there was no sign of my sister and that was good cause I didn't wanna deal with her bullshit today especially not with everything I have going on. The doorbell rings and I know it's not anybody but Dre and Dria. I open the door and I am up for a big surprise. I see not only Dre and Dria but their mama.

"Come on in"

"What's up what was so important?" said Dria

They come in and have a seat in the living room. I went to my room and got the envelope I got from the doctor a few days earlier. I came back downstairs and sat next to Dre.

"I have something very important to tell you. I haven't exactly been feeling to good so I went to the doctor."

"So what are you getting at?" said Dria

I handed the unopened envelope to Dre. He looked at me very strange. He  slowly opened the envelope. He looked at the paper and read every word.

"This says your pregnant" said Dee

"Yeah I'm almost two months"

"Wow congratulations I'm so happy I'm gonna be a auntie" said Dria

"Dre say something"

"Baby... I......"

Dre was cut off by his mother.

"Dre is not ready for a baby" said his mother

" So what are you trying to say"

"That my son is not going to take care of a baby" said his mother

"Dre tell your mom that's not true and that you are going to be involved with the baby"

"Look Myah I hate to say that I'm not really ready to be a full time dad"

Tears filed my eyes. I was so hurt that Dre was going to side with his mother over his own baby.

But Dre..."

"Look sweetie I know how much this must disappoint you, but my son has a life ahead of him and he doesn't need any distractions."

"Look I have to go work so I gotta go I'll call you later." said Dre

"No don't even worry about it"

Dre and his mom got up and left.

I couldn't do anything but put my head in my hands and cry. I felt so stupid. But I wasn't gonna let this get to me. Dria hugged me and told me everything was gonna be okay.