10 // Forgiveness

I was at Central Park, on a bench - reading a novel.

What a beautiful day. I can see a lot of people, well - observe. There was this woman, catching her daughter and his husband, I assumed, taking their photos with the younger child on his lap. That is such an amazing view. A beautiful view I've ever seen. I want that someday.

I broke my gaze from the beautiful family and read the pages of the novel that I marked last night. Not until I turn to a second page, someone coughed behind me making me turn my head from the pages and there was no one there.

"Can we talk?" Harry's voice echoed as I gathered my things to literally run right now.

"Don't go." As he stepped in front of me, grabbing a hold of my arm from walk away from him.

"I don't have anything to talk about." I pulled my arms out of his grip and pacing like a maniac because this is the last person I want to face right now.

"I just want to apologize for yesterday.  It's inappropriate for me to do that."

"Yeah, right." I scoffed.

"That's totally right. I shouldn't act like that, that was not me at all." He spoke - closing the gap between us.

"I know you're mad, you have the reason to be mad. I'm here to ask for forgiveness." He continued.

Silence. That is all I gave him.

"Say something," Harry steps closer.

"Joanna."

"I have to go." I grabbed my book and pack my things quickly so I could get away from him.

"No, no, stop avoiding me," He grabbed my arm - preventing me from packing.

"Stop avoiding me again. Don't run away from me. Stop pushing me away." He grabbed both of my hand, stopping myself from moving away.

"I'm not pushing you away, you push people away. You push Peter away just like you always do!" I yelled in his face and he take a few step back.

"Yeah, my father sent me to boarding school. What am I supposed to do?" He replied.

"You could at least call me or Peter, tell us about your daily life but you didn't." I snapped back.

"Look, I don't come here to argue. I just want us to be friends again."

"We could be friends, we'll be friends when you want to include Peter Parker in this friendship." With that, I grabbed my things and leave.

"You haven't change." He muttered from afar and I had to turn around to face him.

"But you have, Harry." I gave him last look before I leave - preparing for my college life.

a/n: this is up! i hope you guys still have this in your library. and im sorry for not updating for a while or should i say for so long. i'm now on my 5 months semester break and will be busy back on september. so, i'll finish the book. i will finish what i started.

i will update regularly but it will be short for you all.

6 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter :)