11 // Hesitation

Waking up on Saturday is the best thing ever. No plans, alarm and just waking up naturally.

Kayla has gone somewhere. She's not in her bed and it was well made. Maybe she went out for a run.

I should apologize to Harry. It's not my right to ask him about his personal life. It's my fault.

I'm not wasting anymore time and get ready to Oscorp. I'll have to meet him. He already came up to me and I rejected him twice. I should have think clearly.

Walking to Oscorp always makes me nervous. Every single time. Since Harry's dad the CEO and there's a lot of scientist, researchers, professor and staffs in the building - I just felt small among those geniuses.

I walked up to the reception since no one is there.

"Hello, is Harry Osborn here?"

"Not yet, miss. Mr. Osborn will be here in an hour."

"Do you want to make an appointment miss?"

"Uh, no. It's okay." I left and I heard a female voice crying out my name.

"Jo!" I turned around I saw Kayla. What is she doing here?

"Jo! What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Well it's Saturday and I work here remember?"

"Ah, I forgot! I thought you had a day off today?" I walked away from the counter with her.

"I just had to pick up my papers to the library. I have things to get the information from." 

"Oh, okay. I'm just here for your boss. I thought I needed to see him to apologize." She nodded, understanding the situation.

"Do you want to go up with me? Have you tour the Oscorp floors before other than coming with me during my interview days?" She nudged my shoulder and pulling my hands towards the elevator. I shook my head and the staff at the counter stop us both. 

"I'm sorry but you cannot bring anyone up without the permission." The security came to our direction and separating us. 

"Oh come on, I've seen a lot of workers here bring their partners and friends that are not from here." Kayla argued with the staff as I stopped her.

"It's okay, I'll wait for you down here." As she about to walk away, all the staffs and security guard are stiff looking at the opposite direction. 

"Morning, how have you been sir?" The security guard spoke in a very strict voice. 

"Morning, what's going on here?" The man approached us and there are a lot of people surrounding him. It's the son of Osborn. He's in his black sunglasses with suit and looking all sharp and professional. This is intimidating. 

"Mr. Osborn, the intern wants to take her friend in her work space with no permission." The staff explained thoroughly on the situation. She's just doing her job. I understand. 

"I grant the permission after she sees me in my office." He walked away without looking at anyone after that. I have to see him before I can enjoy my tour with Kayla. Or maybe not at all. Kayla shrugged her shoulder and pulled me with her to accompany me to his office. This is not what I expected. I am nervous. It looks like he's in the bad mood. I am terrified. 

As we get into the elevator, Kayla stepped back - exiting them leaving me alone with Harry as the people that followed Harry also not in the elevator. I walked out quickly before the elevator door closed but he grabbed my bag - pulled me back inside.

"Wait, why are they not coming in?" I turned towards him. "This elevator only stop at my office and only with my access." He scanned his iris and his fingerprints on the elevator before pressing the buttons. 

"You could share this with them. They have to wait for the other elevator to arrive and it's time consuming." I blurted out looking downstairs with the clear elevator window.

"I know but this is necessary only for my dad's disease. Anything could infect him and this is the safest thing we can do in the building." I nodded - waiting for the elevator to stop. 

The silence was loud.

The ding sound is a music to my ears as we exit the elevator. I followed him in silence and he scanned his iris, face and fingerprints again for the authorization. This building has more security than my life was. 

As soon as we in the office, the female dressed in black suit holding the tablet spoke up. "Morning, Mr. Osborn. Here's your schedule for today." 

"Felicia, can you reschedule my appointments for today? I have important guest here and it might take all day." He put the sunglasses down as Felicia argued, "But sir, you have a very crucial appointments that takes months to schedul-," 

"We can still reschedule it right?" Harry cut her sentences and she proceed by cancelling all the appointments. He spun his chair to see the scenery on top of the building.

"I'm sorry." I muttered to her before she walked out of the room. 

"You don't have to do that, I'm just here for 5 minutes." I walked towards his desk. He still has no respond. I thought this is my moment to let it all out and apologize then walked out of the room. 

"I'm here to apologize. I know things have changed and I may be harsh on you. I just want you and Peter to talk again. I can't keep doing this and not telling Peter about you as vice versa. He knew you were back and I can't keep lying to him. You should meet him and talk things out."  

"He should come and meet me." 

"This is my last chance that I will be talking about this. You and Peter are my dear friends. If both of you can't work things out then I'm sorry, I won't be in both of your life either." He reacts with my words. 

"It will be easy for me. I've done it before and I can do it again." He stood up from his seat and walks in my direction. 

"If you have anything more to say, then feel free. If you don't, I will ring Felicia to walk you out." His voice and tone are firm. 

"You really have changed Harry. It was nice seeing you again. Have a great life." With that, I walked myself out and texted Kayla that I won't be touring the building. 

I am upset. 

I am confused.

I am devastated. 

A/N: Thank you to those who are still reading this. Suddenly I felt like writing the chapters after reading your comments and it's fun. I missed those moments. Stay healthy everyone especially during this COVID time. Stay safe and don't forget to follow your dreams!