7. Jax

[ J A X ]

The entire room is silent. Nobody says anything—they're too shock to even utter a single word.

Finally, Daniel decides to break the silence. He steps forward, his hand ruffling through his hair as he whispers to his wife. "Alex," he murmurs hesitantly, "are we going to have a baby?"

"No!" Alex cries, taking the stick and placing it on the table. "I mean, no. It's not mine."

"What?" Confusion conquers his entire face. "What the hell do you mean it's not yours?"

"The pregnancy test isn't mine."

"But it came out from your pocket!" Daniel says, looking even more confused. "What—"

"Me and Cara found it in the trash can of the washroom," Alex says, her face turning red from the embarrassment. "We were going to put it back—"

"What the fuck?" Daniel says, his hands placed on his hips. "You mean, you're telling me you just took someone else's used pregnancy test? Why?"

"I don't know!" Alex says her eyes flicking to Cara, pleading her for help. "Dude, help me out here."

Cara steps forward, her hands clasp together, as if sensing the awkwardness of the situation. "Uh," she starts off, "I was curious to see who it belonged to. I thought it was Alex."

"And it is?" Daniel asks, his eyes glancing nervously at Alex.

"I told you it's not mine," Alex tells her husband. "Look, can we just forget that ever happened? I really don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable—"

"I think you've already have," Evans says, eyeing the entire group, who's trying not to look at the stick—the pink elephant in the room.

"Let's not make a big deal out of this," Cara tells everyone, "I mean, it's the least we can do for the girl who actually took the test," upon those words, Cara's eyes go straight to Sienna. She winks not-too-subtly at her.

Kayden catches the wink and his eyes go wide. He steps back from Sienna, his expression unfathomable. "Are we—?" He points to the pregnancy test and then to Sienna. "Are you—"

"No, I'm not!" Sienna glares at him, then shoots another one at Cara. "Cara, I'm not pregnant. Why the hell do you think I am?"

"I don't know! You seem like the girl who's most likely to get pregnant out of all of us! After all, you already had one."

"So? I just had Clarissa six months ago. To get pregnant again would be a nightmare for me," Sienna says. "Besides, it's not like me and Kayden have been very... active since Clarissa was born anyway—"

Kayden cuts a glance at Sienna. Sienna clamps her mouth shut.

"Then, if it's not yours," Cara says, whirling around the room, "And it's not mine. Nor it's Alex's..."

She doesn't even need to finish the sentence. Because everyone'e eyes are already trained on Blaire.

The realization hits me longer than expected. I feel all the air leave my body—my mind is spinning, spinning, unable to comprehend that this is really happening right now—

"Alright," Blaire says, one of her hands hugging her arm, as if to pull herself together to prevent herself from falling apart. "The pregnancy test is mine."

Air—need fucking air—

My eyes immediately find hers, my mouth parted open from the pure shock of it all. "Blaire," I croak out, but my voice is hoarse and dry, "are you...." The word is lodged in my throat, unable to come out. I'm sweating so much that no amount of air-conditioning can help with my situation.