9. Sienna

S I E N N A

    At midnight, all of us gathered by the patio to light up the sparklers.

    Eden made Blaire buy a crap ton of them for all of us to enjoy, and while it's definitely not something that's suited for adults, I found myself quite enjoying them. Every one of us received two—everyone but me because I had to hold Clarissa in my arms.

    When all the sparklers got lit up, everything looked so surreal. Flashes of gold and yellow burst bright, as if they were mini fireworks on sticks. Kayden whirled his sparklers around in circles, his eyes gleaming with excitement as he got to play with them. I laugh quietly at his absurd expressions, and Clarissa joined in.

    She seemed to be quite irritated that I didn't give her one, seeing as how everyone was having the time of their lives playing with them, so I kissed her forehead and traced her cheek, "Aw, don't be sad, Riss," I murmur to her, "you'll get to play them when you grow older. I promise you that."

    To lift up her spirits, Kayden decided to make a little performance with Daniel, Eden, Evans and Simon. Jax sat this one out, seeing as how and I quote him that 'he didn't want to embarrass himself.'

    Idiot.

    So the three guys did their elaborate performance; they did the wave with their sparklers, their hands moving about, twisting, then turning, then circling around each other, their sparklers taking flight with every single movement that they make. All the girls were laughing uncontrollably as they watch their boyfriends make complete fools of themselves for Clarissa. It's quite a ridiculous show, but it seemed to cheer her up so I guess it served its purpose.

    "That," Alex says, wiping tears from her eyes—tears that surfaced from laughing too hard, "was the best thing I've ever seen in my life."

    "Agreed," Cara murmurs as she grins at Simon.

"I couldn't even get you to dance for me," Brent moans at Evans. "And you're dancing for some chick now?"

"Look like that and I'll give you all the dances you want," Evans says, pointing to Clarissa.

    "We'll do anything for our favorite girl," Daniel says, smiling as he comes up from behind me to press a kiss on Clarissa's cheek. A small blush forms on the apples of her cheeks as she giggles from the gesture.

    "Ugrh. I hate that you have that kind of effect on everyone," Alex rolls her eyes, throwing her dead sparklers away. "Even with babies."

    "Yeah. Stop trying to woo my daughter," Kayden sneers at Daniel, the fatherly side of him exposed.

    "Can't help it. She already seems very smitten by me, isn't that right, Clare-bear?" Daniel says, his voice hitching as he points his finger at my baby. Clarissa giggles again—traitor—and grabs ahold of his finger tightly, never wanting to let him go. Alex scoffs, jealous that Clarissa has her husband's attention. "See? She absolutely loves me."

    "Come on, Clarissa," Kayden says, sweeping our baby into his arms and heading towards the doors. He stops, turns back and sends another deadly glare at Daniel, who seems to be really enjoying this. A lazy grin forms on his beautiful, sculpted face. "You and I are going to have a serious talk about falling for bad boys."

    When he disappears inside, Blaire places a hand on my shoulder and sighs, her eyes trained on the doors. "Kayden is just the cutest father ever," she says, then her gaze flickers to another direction and she rolls her eyes. "Just look at mine—he's hopeless."