Chapter 3

"You're awfully quiet." Adam smiles as he cuddles close to Tim as they sat in the back seat of Chris's car.

"I hate shopping." Tim frowns as he looks out the window.

"Aw, come on, Tim. It'll be fun." Austin says from the passenger seat.

"Shopping is never fun." Tim mumbles.

"It is when it's for our wedding." Adam smiles, taking Tim by the hand. "We have one week to find us something to wear."

"Baby, you would look gorgeous in a potato sack." Tim smiles as he kisses his fiance' on the cheek.

"I promise we'll make it as quick and painless as possible, Tim." Chris chuckles.

"I'm holding you to that, Chris." Tim yawns and lays his head on Adam's shoulder.

They were on their way to New Orleans, a two-hour drive. Tim thought he would spend the long ride taking a nap. He asked Adam to scoot over next to the door. Removing his glasses and handing them to Adam, he lays his head down in his fiance's lap.

Adam smiles down at his lover as he gently begins to massage the side of Tim's head that he had injured. 

The soothing massage quickly relaxes Tim and sends him into a deep sleep.

Upon arriving at the mall, Austin reaches through the seats to wake Tim and Adam, who had also fallen asleep with his head leaned against the window.

"Holy sh*t." Tim mumbles as his eyes scan the racks full of suits inside the store. There had to be thousands, he was sure.

"Welp, let's get started." Austin says just a little too cheerful for Tim.

"What about this one?" Chris laughs as he hold up a baby blue suit with a white ruffled shirt.

"Seriously?" Adam asks.

"I'm outta here." Tim says turning to leave.

"No." Chris laughs. "I was only joking."

"I tell ya what." Austin says. "I'll go with Adam. Cause I kinda know what Tim likes to see Adam wear and Chris you go with Tim."

"Yea, I've heard Adam swoon over Tim in different colors." Chris laughs. "Let's pick out matching suit coats and then go differently on the shirt color. Sound good?"

It wasn't hard finding matching suit coats that looked good on them both. They went with the basic black. Then the guys separated to find shirts. Austin and Chris wanted to keep the shirt colors a surprise.

"This shirt is perfect." Austin says picking up a black dress shirt.

"Are you sure?" Adam says taking the shirt. "He likes me in black?"

"Positive." Austin says with a nod. "He says you look majestic. Now go try it on, with the jacket."

"Really? He said that?" Adam smiles as he bites his bottom lip.

"Yep, now go." Austin says.

As Adam walks to the dressing room, Austin catches Chris's attention across the store. He holds up a black shirt to let Chris know not to get black.

Chris nods slightly and turns his attention back to the shirts.

"Here ya go." Chris says pulling a charcoal gray shirt from the rack.

"Nice shirt." Tim commented.

"Adam likes you in darker colors like this." Chris says.

"You sure?" Tim asks as he looks at the shirt.

"Yep. He says you look dangerously sexy. Oh, and what was that other phrase? Oh, yeah, impossibly hot." Chris smiles.

"Really?" Tim smiles, his face blushing slightly.

"Yeah." Chris says taking him by the arm and pulling him over to a different set of dressing rooms. "I remember when he first met you, he couldn't take his eyes off you."

"Man, that seems like such a long time ago." Tim says as Chris pulls him through the racks of clothing. "Uh, Chris." He grunts as he is pulled into a rack.

"Oops, Sorry." Chris chuckles.

After they tried on the clothes and were approved by Austin and Chris, they went to pick out clothes for the best men. Deciding on black suit coats and white shirts.

Austin takes the engaged couple outside of the store while Chris paid..

"So, what color shirt did you get." Adam asks taking his lover by the hand.

Austin looks at them with panic written all over his face.

"Purple." Tim asks with a smirk on his face. "You?"

"Green." Adam answers with a nod.

"Cool." Tim smiles and kisses Adam on the cheek.

Austin breathes a sigh of relief.

Chris comes out and hands Austin a few of the bags.

"Now for the fun part." Adam smiles, gently squeezing Tim's hand. "The rings."

The minute they tell the man behind the counter they were needing wedding bands, he started to pull out all these expensive rings with huge stones.

"Naw." Tim says shaking his head. "That's ... that's not really what we want."

"You mind if we just look a minute?" Adam asks.

"Take your time." The man smiles and starts to deal with another couple.

"Why are they all so fancy?" Austin says quietly.

"Don't they make the plain traditional wedding bands anymore?" Tim whispers.

Adam smiles as he slides a hand up and down Tim's back. He knew Tim was not a fancy type guy. He was a Cajun and never longed for expensive things. He loved the simple things and the simple way of life. And Adam adored him for that and had no intentions of trying to change him.

"Excuse me." Adam calls to the man after he was through with the other customers. "Can we see your simple gold wedding bands?"

"Yes we do. We have quite a variety of them." The man smiles as he pulls out a tray of traditional gold wedding bands. "And we can also engrave something on the inside if you'd like?"

"That would be nice. Thank-you." Tim smiles.

"These are beautiful." Adam says as he picks up a ring. "They're so shiny."

"If it's all the same to you, Baby. I would rather have some of these." Tim says looking at his fiance' with an almost apologetic look. "That is if it's alright with you?"

"These are perfect." Adam says softly, looking into Tim's loving brown eyes.

"Alright then. I just need your ring sizes and would you like something engraved?" The gentleman asks.

"Yes. Yes, I would." Tim answers quickly.

"And what would you like." The man asks as he got ready to write it down.

Tim looks into the blue eyes of his fiance and speaks softly.

"My Soulmate, I thee wed."

*************

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE & LEAVE A COMMENT!!!