Chapter 14

** A big THANK-YOU to WendyBishop2 for throwing some ideas my way to knock the dust and cobwebs off this story and continue. 

***********

~~ Two Weeks Later  ~~

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty." Adam giggles as he jumps on the bed.

"What?" Tim groans in a low gravelly voice as he throws the covers over his head.

"You need to get up and get ready." Adam laughs as he tugs at the covers that his husband was holding firmly over his head.

"No, I don't." Tim growls.

"Yes, you do." Adam argues, not backing down.

"Give me one good reason." Tim says after uncovering his head to look at his blue-eyed lover. He then notices that Adam was already freshly showered and fully dressed. "Going somewhere?"

"Yep, WE are going somewhere. And the reason is? The Teche Clinic's grand opening today." Adam answers.

"Oh, I forgot about that." Tim yawns as he rubs his sleepy eyes.

"It's a big day for Rob and Chance. And we don't want to be late." Adam says as he jerks the covers off his nude husband.

Thirty minutes later, Tim exits the bathroom showered and dressed.

"Let's go." Adam says, handing his husband a travel mug full of coffee.

"What? No breakfast?" Tim asks, taking the mug and being pulled toward the door by an overexcited spouse.

"They're going to be grilling hamburgers and hotdogs." Adam explains as he pushes Tim to the truck.

"For breakfast?" Tim asks and then calls out. "SATCHMO!!"

The large white furry dog hops into the back of the truck.

~~

"Wow. There's a lot of people here." Adam says as Tim finds a parking place on the grass.

"Free food." Tim chuckles as they get out of the truck. "Cajuns don't turn down free food."

"Well, look what the cat dragged in." Bob laughs as he pats Tim on the shoulder. Earning a low growl from Satchmo. Tim quickly ruffles the dog's fur in a way to let him know it was alright.

"I wouldn't mess with him just yet, Bob." Adam laughs. "He hasn't had anything to eat yet."

"Tim is like an old grouchy bear until he gets something to eat." Austin adds.

"Speaking of eating, when do we eat?" Tim asks as he looks over the crowd.

"After the ceremony." Kelsey answers. "And the ribbon cutting."

"Are you sh*tting me?" Tim frowns.

"Chris has got us a table saved over here." Austin says as he motions for them to follow him.

"There yall are." Chris chuckles. "Better late than never."

"We're not late." Tim says, grumpily as he sits down.

"Where are Jenika and Olena?" Austin asks after noticing the absence of his girlfriend at the table.

"They went to the restroom." Chris answers.

"Okay, Olena wasn't feeling too well this morning." Austin says as he takes a seat at the table.

"What's wrong with her? Pregnant?" Tim asks as he sips his coffee.