iii. how about we call it even

Upon entering the history classroom on Monday, Rory instantly made a beeline to where Kira was standing.

All the brunette could think about in the weekend was how Lydia had acted at her house party and Rory had to make sure she was okay. Seeing is Kira was the one to help Rory out by looking after Lydia when she couldn't anymore, she figured one of the newer students in Beacon Hills was her best option to see how the strawberry blonde was doing.

"Kira," Rory uttered the petite girl's name as she came up close to Kira. Rory hadn't realized that Scott was in fact standing with her—but this didn't deter the brunette from asking what she had been wondering the entire weekend.

Kira and Scott both turned at hearing Rory's voice—Scott's eyebrows rose in surprise whereas Kira simply smiled.

"Is Lydia okay? I know it sounds stupid to ask but I just wanted to make sure that everything was fine."

"She's okay," Kira reassured the rather flustered looking girl. After everything that Rory had done for Lydia—sticking by her when everyone else was dealing with supernatural issues—Kira actually felt grateful for her presence at the party. "It's just some stuff going on at home, she told me to tell you that she was sorry."

Rory waved that notion off almost immediately. Despite always thinking that Lydia Martin was a bitch, the strawberry blonde had made it quite obvious to Rory at the party that she was anything but. "I don't need all the details, just knowing that she's fine is all I wanted. Tell her not to worry about, she owes me nothing."

It was a selfless act on Rory's part that she helped Lydia despite only talking to her for the first time that Friday, and Scott recognized that. He didn't think many people that knew Lydia their whole life would try to care for her when she was stunned into silence from a banshee revelation. Kira had caught him up on what Rory had done for their friend while they were dealing with Liam. "Seriously, thank you. It was really good of you to look after her. We're all grateful, Rory."

The gratitude in his voice made Rory smile. She didn't think it was that big a thing she did—seeing someone in need of her help, whether she had known them a day or ten years, wasn't something she would ever walk away from. "It's okay, really. I should probably apologize since my stupid brother was the one that made the party happen—he invited the whole of his year. So, on behalf of him, I'm sorry."

"How about we call it even?" Kira suggested, looking between both Rory and Scott who nodded at the prospect.

It was a messed up night, and they both felt incredibly guilty that Rory got caught up in it. With Liam now being a werewolf, Scott couldn't help but think that the brunette was going to only get dragged along with them further. He didn't want that for her—he wished there was someway he knew it could be stopped.

The familiar shrill of the school bell rang throughout the classroom then, signalling to everyone that class was to start.

Rory pulled her side strapped bag on her shoulder and moved to make her way to her usual seat at the front of the class.

"Wait," Rory came to a halt when a hand latched around her wrist. The brunette spun around to see that Scott was the one stopping her from going to her seat. He smiled at her, his cheeks slightly rosy at his actions. "Sit with us. Lydia talked you up all weekend, I want to know what all the fuss it about."

Rory watched Scott almost cautiously, trying to figure out what he meant by this. Like usual, his features were honest and Rory was sure she could see all of his intentions in his eyes. She didn't know if he was capable of anything bad, everything about Scott Mccall screamed good guy and it wasn't very often that she saw that.