vi. i made my own plan

It turns out in the search for Liam—which now involved werewolves, banshees, hunters, and a supernatural dead pool—Rory couldn't be of much assistance.

Garrett had taken Liam and left him somewhere, and wouldn't tell anyone until Scott helped him get Violet out of custody.

Her brother's friends turned out to be orphans in desperate need of cash, so they had decided to kill supernatural creatures from the deadpool. The very deadpool that Rory was still trying to wrap her head around, just like everything else that Kira had filled her in on.

Rory's gut clenched at the knowledge that Liam was on the deadpool—even being worth millions of dollars, which put a huge target on his back. Scott, Kira, Lydia, and Malia were also on the list, which made Rory feel even worse about the situation.

It amazed the girl how much was going on right under her nose. So much life threatening situations had happened right where she went to school, and Rory didn't have a clue about them.

Since Rory couldn't offer much help in locating Liam with Garrett's plan, it meant that she had to come up with one of her own. Because she would be damned if she let Liam get hurt, especially at the hands of one of his so-called friends.

And that was what led Rory to grab Kira on her crusade to find Liam on her own, which Scott already knew about. She had to help in some way—and he approved of this.

The pair had just arrived at their destination, and the entire car trip had consisted of Kira packing as much supernatural information she could into Rory's brain. And there was a lot more things to know than Rory first figured.

It wasn't just werewolves, the entire world was so much larger and expansive than Rory could have ever imagined. Half of the things present in her town were too complicated for her dreams.

And the drama that came along with it was insane. Scott and his friends had been through so much and endured it all. Rory didn't know how they did it, even the word supernatural still freaked her out. Lord knows how she was going to cope.

Because as long as Liam was in this world, then she would be right there beside him. Somebody had to look out for him, and although Rory trusted Scott she still wanted to be there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Even if she was only a mere human.

With a few calls to Beacon Hills Family Services posing as police officer Emilia Shepherd, Rory was able to find out the foster home that Garrett had been placed at for just a few months now. It had seemed the boy moved around often, much like many kids did in the foster system.

A small part of Rory felt sorry for Garrett and Violet. She couldn't imagine her life without her family, particularly Mason. That stability was something she relied on more than she would ever let on, no matter how many times she complained about them. But that didn't excuse killing people. Kids came out of the foster system without being convicted of first degree murder.

"Does it ever get easier?" Rory asked Kira as the two parked up at Garrett's current house. "The whole supernatural thing, I mean."

Kira paused slightly at the question posed for her. Rory could easily tell she was deciphering what answer to give—an honest one that would be unsettling, or a lie that would sit better with Rory. "It gets normal. Definitely not easier."

Rory hummed in approval at that. She knew she had a lot more to learn (like what in the hell was a kanima?) and it would take time. Not to mention, the brunette knew she needed to fully process it all. And that meant for sure Rory would freak out, which she thought was logical.