Chapter 5

Original Stats:
692 Views. 31 Votes. 15 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 5

━━━━━━━━━

"Bree." Someone called once more before a pounding sounded at my side. "Wake-y wake-y, eggs and bac-y." I groaned, my eyes fluttering open to see Leo was directly in front of me.

"Leo!" I shrieked as I jumped back, hitting my head on my capsule in the process. "Ow." My hand flew to the back of my head. I had forgotten how 'sturdy' these old capsules were. Leo shrugged and hopped down from the capsules, turning to look at me as he pulled himself up to sit on the desk in front of the capsules.

"Come on." He ordered before snapping his fingers repeatedly. "We've only got two more days to save Chase." I could feel my face scrunch up at the mention of the new time limitation.

"And just how did you come up with that number, professor?" I questioned as I stepped out of my capsule. I glanced from side to side; Adam was nowhere to be found. "And where's Adam?" Leo sighed and brought his legs up to sit criss-cross up on the desk.

"He's upstairs eating, and before you freak, Davenport and my mom are on a three day trip. He wanted to take me so he could erase my memory but I insisted I had to catch up in school since I ditched yesterday with you two." Leo explained, bringing a bit of peace to my mind. It would be so much easier to accomplish this with Davenport and Tasha gone. I nodded and walked over to him, resting my forearms on the desk at his side. "As for your first question, I did some research last night."

"What's you find?" I asked, daring to look up to him. I knew I had Chase on my side, but I wasn't completely sure how fast I could pull this whole thing together. Adam and Leo had been inhibiting my progress if anything else through this whole process.

"According to the averages in these situations, we have exactly three days from when the wish occurred. I calculated it, and it was a day last night at eleven fifty eight. That means another day will pass by tonight at eleven fifty eight."

I felt my eyebrows furrow together in worry. This was worse than I had imagined. "So we have to pull this whole thing together by tomorrow night?"

Leo nodded as he smiled slightly at my reaction. "You got it. We have until tomorrow at exactly eleven fifty seven and fifty nine seconds, to reverse be this whole, wish thing. Otherwise, Chase as we know him, won't exist. He'll never be bionic, or our brother for that matter." Leo placed out there for me.

"And he'll be stuck as the bad boy and be going no where with his life." I muttered, my heart rate speeding up as the worry raced rampant in my head. Leo frowned and nodded just above me, watching me closely.

"Sure. Where his life would go without us is important too." He agreed warily, his face still disoriented before the elevator doors slid open to reveal Adam strolling out, holding a bowl of cereal. He sent us a closed mouth smile as he continued to chew. I half thought he would choke on his way over to us.

"What is up?" Adam said with enthusiasm through a mouthful of cereal. Whatever apatite I had previously, was long gone by that point. He was utterly disgusting when he ate.

"We need to figure out a way to reverse what happened to Chase." Leo repeated for Adam. I nodded along, of course before seeing Adam shake his head.

"Why not?"

He shrugged and set his bowl down on the old cyber desk. "Our lives are fine without him." Adam brushed off as he leaned back against the desk. "We have the old lab, we don't have to go to school, we don't have Chase. What more do I have to say?" I shook my head quickly.