Chapter 7

Original Stats:
667 Views. 38 Votes. 8 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 7

━━━━━━━━━

"You leaving to see Chase?" Adam asked as I exited the elevator. I nodded and pushed my phone deep into my back pocket, hoping they wouldn't follow. I needed today. I needed to be alone with Chase to figure things out. If we were going to lose this him tonight, then I needed to find what my deal was with him before then.

"Remember, you have to get him back to the house in time for us to revert everything to normal." Leo reminded as he followed me step by step to the front door.

"I got it."

"Do you?" He asked quizzically as I could feel his eyes staring holes into the back of my head.

"Yes!" I hissed, turning back to face Leo and Adam. "I'll hang out with Chase today, and bring him back around eleven thirty for everything to go the way it did three days ago."

"Alright." Leo nodded. "Have fun on your date!"

"It's not a date!"

"I'll be right back." Chase teased as he tapped the table and walked off to the back where the counter sat. I let out a long sigh, my head tipping back and leaning against the wall near the table we had chosen when coming in here. We had ended up down town and had spent the day talking. He bought me lunch and now we were here getting milkshakes.

The only thing that bothered me about today, was the talking. The Chase I was talking to now, was not the same, and I couldn't quit fixating on that.

All he could talk about today was what a crazy life he had been living over the years. Years filled with gangs, drug dealing, alcohol, and having to move too many times to count. This was his tenth high school, and Chase was a sophomore, almost a junior. That wasn't the life he should be leading.

I could feel myself slipping further and further away from the new Chase, and constantly wishing he was back to himself. I knew Leo and Adam would like who he had become, but I for one, didn't. I wanted the Chase that could tutor me for hours and still think math is the best subject in the world. I wanted to see the way his face lit up when Davenport introduced a new invention, or how he got excited over nutritious foods. I didn't want some bad boy with no goals in life, I wanted Chase.

A laugh sounded at the back of the back of the small diner, bringing me out of my own thoughts to see the waitress at the register, was none other than Sabrina. I pressed my lips together and inwardly groaned as I watched her twirl her stupid short blond hair. She leaned over the counter, pushing her arms closer into her body as her chest started spilling out of her all too tight black work shirt. I rolled my eyes as Chase gave her a laugh, saying something else she probably enjoyed enough for the both of us. This time, it wasn't about science. That's what scared me the most. She looked almost bored the last time I saw them talk. Now, she looked interested. Like she was playing some sort of dangerous game with the bad boy of Mission Creek.

"Oh please, Chase." She scoffed flirtatiously as she brushed her hand not so subtly against his bicep. "You didn't miss a thing. Except, I missed you." She put in his face shamelessly.

I shook my head, about to stand up and stop this when I noticed her manager walking over, holding two, to-go, chocolate milkshakes in his hands. He nodded Chase's way as the two exchanged money for the product. Chase smiled and half waved Sabrina's way before making his way back over to me.