New York Again

Newt's POV:

I was on a boat to New York again. I have finally finished my book about magical creatures and have come to publish it in America.

The boat docked at Ellis Island. Everyone stayed getting off the boat. I picked up my case and walked off the boat.

"Anything edible in there sir?" The worker asked as I came up through security.

"N-no." I stuttered. There really wasn't. I switched it to Muggle Worthy on the case.

"Any livestock?" He asked.

"N-no I stuttered again.

"Let me see the case please." He said. I placed it on the table as he checked inside. He closed it again and handed it back to me.

"Welcome to New York sir." He said.

"Thank You." I replied. I walked through the gate onto the other side of the station. I walked into the city and went to the Magical Congress of America (A/N: I hope to God that's the right name) to find Porpentina.

Porpentina is my friend who I met the last time we came to New York. We had a very emotional departure from each other. It was very awkward as well. But I am a very socially awkward person. So I was used to it.

I promised her that I'd give her a copy of my book in person. She was crying when I left. I was crying too. I kept coming on and off the bridge onto the boat because I couldn't say goodbye.

The third time I went on i paused wondering if I should kiss her. But I continued onto the journey home already missing her. So I can't wait to see her again.

I walked down Summit Avenue and turned the corner to a fimiliar street. I saw the building and walked through the main entrance.

I walked down the staircase into the investigators office hall. I saw her in one of the offices and stepped to the side of the door so she couldn't see me through the window.

I knocked on the door without her seeing. She put her papers on her desk and opened the door. Thankfully the door opened to the side opposite me so I didn't get crushed.

I instinctively hugged her and then realized what I was doing. I got out of it very fast awkwardly and just stood there with an awkward smile on my face.

She hugged me literally this time and I hugged back. I can't believe I'm seeing her again.

"I missed you so much." she said. We broke apart and took me inside her new office.

"Me too. Here you go." I said, taking out a copy of my book from my pocket. She looked so excited and took it from my hands. She opened it up and smiled.

"Thank You Newt." She said.

"Anytime." I said. She was so happy. I'm happy as well.

"I just finished work. Let's go back to my place she said. I nodded as she grabbed onto me and we apparated.