prologue

"Who is it I may kill!" Bellowed the god of calamity or as I know him, master shepherd. The room was full of golden cages, each one containing a seraph. To get more power he must kill us. "Now who should it be..." The sick monster wondered aloud. I didn't care anymore who it is this time. None of us have any real memories of each other. There is only one seraph here that matters. "MOM!" I screamed as he unlocked her bar lined cage. It was just as I thought. He doesn't have the memories of loving her or of me being his own daughter. He held her body up like a ragdoll. A rule for surviving down here is not to waste your breath. The air down here is foul and there's not much of it so nobody ever talks. But I already broke that rule. "Fortis cursus", (it means 'Strong Tide' in Latin.) I strained myself. It was only two words but I had learned that the shorter the spell the more powerful.  The room was always dry as hell but I was astonished at how much water I was able to create without a weapon. Other water seraphs could only use water that was already present or they had to use a weapon to create their own. (Like Mikleo's staff or bow)The large room flooded uncontrollably and pinned the chaos God down. But it didn't stop there. No it flooded into the other seraph's cages and formed chains around their throats and wrist. More and more water flowed seemingly through the walls till the whole underground chamber was flooded with at least nine feet of liquid. That's all I saw until everything went black.

When I woke up everything was damp and the cages were destroyed. In the middle of the room a limb body dressed in shepherd's clothing, around it seraphs with still chests. I knew what must have happened. I lost control and drowned every last one. I looked around and my eyes locked on the lifeless body that I recognized as my mother. Tears weld my eyes as I went  to exit the room of death. I was close to the Shepherd's body when a hand yanked me down by my long hair. I hit the ground and looked back just in time to see the Shepherd's eyes roll back. I locked the metal door behind me when I made it out of the room, disturbed. I was in a room with a large mural that opened to the sky. I summoned my sword that had a shining blade and golden hilt. I lifted it to my hair and about four feet of the sky blue fell to the cold floor. There's no where left to go. It doesn't matter. I'm broken and this is the only place now for me now.