late

i sigh, nervously. i hope this is the right house. i knock hesitantly, picking at my finger nails as i wait for an answer. the door opens, revealing a very tired max. "you made it," she laughs, "it took you long enough.' i nod, awkwardly smiling, " i promised you, didnt i?" "yes," she laughs, "come in," she says unblocking the door. "thanks."

"uh who called you, at the coffee shop?" i ask quietly.

"dont worry about it," she sits on the couch beside me. she's awfully close, which surprisingly doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. she lays her head on my shoulder, and i tense by instinct. "why're you so tense all of a sudden?" she laughs.

normally id shrug, but shes laying on me, "i guess im scared that if i move you will too," i admit. i guess i like her presence.

"hm," i can tell shes smiling, and she gets up. i shouldnt have said anything, i unintentionally sigh. she laughs, "relax im just going to explain to you why youre here."

i raise an eyebrow, "okay, go on."

she opens her mouth to speak, but then shuts it. she thinks for a moment. "well, i forget. only because you took an hour to get here."

"ah cmon, dont blame me," i laugh, "im new here."

"you've been here for a week, and that's just enough time to become not new," she smirks.

i shrug, "what can i say. im an awkward guy."

her eyes get big, "extremely."

"so it's noticeable," i laugh.

she nods, "but youre getting there. at least with me. and i like that."

"good."

i can't wait for wyatt to come out of his awkward shell