impatience

im walking alone on the sidewalk, my thoughts are everywhere.

who called max? why won't she tell me? where did she go? is she safe?

i check my phone, maybe for a distraction, i dont know. maybe my mom and dad called. nothing.

i hang my head down low, sighing out heavily. when i look up, im at the cafe. i quirk my eyebrow, how'd i end up here? obviously by foot, but i didnt intend to come here.

i walk closer to the small door, the small sign that says "open" is hanging on the other side. didnt know they were open this early. i shrug, i could use a drink.

i got a coffee, hopefully the caffeine will help me stay awake. im sure it wouldnt matter, my thoughts are equivalent to caffeine.

every time i hear the bell above the door ding, my eyes fill up with a spark of hope, that maybe its her. but it's never her. and it kills something inside of me a little more each time.

my fingers tap impatiently to the side of the cup, there's nothing distracting i could possibly do. i dont have my laptop, im not popular guy, not even on the internet, so there isn't anything i can do on my phone either. and i dont have a book to read or anything. not a pen to write. and its driving me crazy. i run my hand through my hair. where the heck is max?

the bell above the door dings, and i doubt that it's max, but still. just out of curiosity i look up, and there she was. looking at me, a sly smile on her face.

does this count as a cliff hanger?