thinking out loud

i sit in an awkward position, max is sound asleep laying on me. i try best not to move, careful not to wake her up. as uncomfortable as i am, id rather her be comfortable.

impatiently, i tap my fingers on the side of the couch, waiting for her to get up. i stare down at her, there's really nothing else to do. her sloppy brown curls are draped over her eyes, so i gently move them away. while looking at her, i realize she only has a few freckles, and her nose is just the cutest thing. i let out a sigh, and suddenly i forget how uncomfortable i was before. i want to lie down beside her, but id wake her up if i even attempted to move.

her lips twitched, and i see that shes smiling in her sleep. i smile down at her, then i catch the time on my watch. 5: 00 am . maybe my parents won't realize, theyll probably sleep in anyways. maybe that's why im not so worried. which is strange for me, i worry about everything. maybe i just dont care anymore, care about my parents, that is. i obviously still care about a lot of things.

max yawns, and her eyes come open, i smile at her, and she smiles back.

"you stayed," she sounded surprised.

i give her a confused look, "yeah, uh, why wouldnt i?"

she smirks, "so, my nose is the cutest, huh?" i watch her as she lifts her head off my lap, and sits up.

"i tho-" she cuts me off.

"you were thinking out loud, weren't you?"

i chuckle nervously, "yeah, i guess i was."

"oh, and i wouldnt have minded if you laid with me." her eyes flicker, and i let out a small groan. she laughs, obviously enjoying how nervous shes making me.

i crack my neck, and stretch out, thankful for the opportunity.

max gives me a look, "did you get any sleep?"

"no," i shake my head, "but that's okay."

"go to sleep, wyatt."

i didnt argue.

tbh this was just a filler chapter, but just a note, thinking out loud is something wyatt does a lot, and it will most likely cause the conflict of the story but sh

im really starting to change my mind about this story, i love to write it, and even though im not quite sure where its going to lead in to, i have a feeling itll be great.