Give Us A Chance - a Scott McCall story

You had just moved to Beacon Hills and to your astonishment you had made new friends already. On your first day at school a girl named Lydia had given you an invitation to her party and you had gladly accepted it. You weren't sure why she was so keen on becoming friends with you, but you weren't complaining. Knowing nothing about the town you had moved to or who lived there, having a friend wouldn't be bad. Even if that person was a bit of an ice queen, like Lydia. 

At her party she had introduced you to some other people, who you often hung out with these days. Except for one guy. When you first met him you were both speechless. You had stared at each other for a while before he finally managed to introduce himself. His name was Scott and you thought he looked breathtakingly gorgeous. Sure, not everyone would agree, because a symmetrical face supposedly makes you more attractive to the human eye and he certainly didn't have that. You had noticed his jawline was kind of uneven straight away, but to you this boy was the definition of perfection. He had deep brown eyes, dark hair, tanned skin and amazing muscular arms which had you fantasising about how wonderful it would be to have them wrapped around you. 

You had spent that entire night with Lydia, Scott and their friends. Both you and Scott had eased off as the night progressed and he'd ended up accompanying you home. You had gotten along great and you had a gut feeling that he liked you just as much as you had started to like him. Trusting that feeling, you had gathered up your courage and had kissed him outside your house. He hadn't pulled back right away, but when he did you were sure you saw guilt and pain in his eyes before he turned around and ran off.

And that was pretty much the first and last time you had properly talked to Scott. Nowadays he only said hi to you when his other friends were around, and when you were all sitting together during lunch break you would only weakly smile or nod at each other. It was very weird and you had no clue why he was acting this way towards you. You were pretty convinced you hadn't done anything wrong the night of the party, but just to make sure you had decided to ask Stiles if he knew what the hell was going on with his best friend.

"Stiles!" you called from across the hallway and waved at him.

He shut his locker and walked over to you, a wide smile spreading across his face. "Hey Mia!" he greeted you enthusiastically and swept you up into a tight hug.

"Hey. Can I talk to you for a second?" you asked nervously, fidgeting with your hands.

"Sure. What's up?" Stiles asked as he threw his arm around your shoulder and started walking outside.

You took a breath, not quite sure where to begin. There really only was one important question, though so you decided to keep it simple. "Does Scott hate me?"

"What?" Stiles asked surprised. "Hate you? Of course not. What makes you think that?"

"Well.." You told him about Lydia's party and what had happened when he'd walked you home, although you knew this wasn't Stiles' first time hearing about it. You also told him it felt like Scott was trying to avoid and ignore you as much as he could and that you didn't understand why.

"Uh, look Mia. There's not a lot I can tell you, without pissing off Scott," he said and stopped in front of your car. "And without telling you things that are pretty unbelievable."

"Like what?" you asked, furrowing your brow. 

"I shouldn't be the one to tell you, alright? But I can tell you this; Scott doesn't hate you. He actually really likes you. You've heard about Allison, right?"

You nodded lightly. "His girlfriend who uh.. died," you said uncomfortably.

"Exactly. And he feels like it's his fault. If you want to know why, you really need to ask him about it."