Goodbye For A Little While - a Jackson Whittemore story

You were in Beacon Hils visiting your cousin Stiles who you hadn't seen in quite a while. You had really been looking forward to spending time with him, but he didn't seem to have as much time for you as you had hoped and you had no idea why.

Stiles called from downstairs and waited for you to come out of the guest room. 

"What is it?" you asked looking down at him.

"I have to go somewhere and dad's working on a case at the station, so uh.." he said and scratched the back of his head. "You're gonna be alone tonight.. Again."

"You're kidding me?" you sighed.

Stiles shook his head. "I'm really sorry. I promise we'll hang out tomorrow."

You nodded and smiled weakly. You were trying hard to not show your disappointment, but Stiles could tell you weren't happy.

"I promise," he repeated before he left the house, leaving you all by yourself.

You walked downstairs to get a drink and some snacks from the kitchen, and settled yourself in front of the TV in the living room. There wasn't much on, so when you finished the last chocolate bar you went back to your room and decided to just go to bed. 

Around midnight you got woken up by a loud noises and heard hushed voices outside your window. You figured it was Stiles and his dad, but too make sure you got out of bed and looked outside. You recognized Stiles' jeep and assumed the two people next to it were Stiles and his best friend Scott. You couldn't see properly because it was too dark, but you could tell it wasn't your uncle. Not sure why Scott was there you kept looking and saw them take something out of the jeep. 

"What the hell is that?" you mumbled to yourself when you saw them carry something large inside the house. Curiously, you opened the door to your room and heard Scott talk.

"Are you sure your dad isn't home yet?"

"Yes, Scott. I'm sure. Did you see his car outside?" Stiles whispered. "Exactly."

"What about your cousin?"

"She will be asleep.."

"Actually, I'm not," you said and turned on the lights, finally revealing the thing they were holding in their arms. Your eyed widened at the view. "W-what is t-that?" you stammered, pointing at what could be best described as a monster. It was the size of an average human male, covered in scales, a long tail and claws; making it look like a very large, mutated lizard. 

Scott panicked, looking at Stiles to give you an explanation that would make sense, but obviously be a lie. 

"Oh, uh, hey. You're up late," he said trying to change the subject, but with a monster in the house it was kinda hard to do so.

"You tell me what the hell that thing is right now or I will call your dad, I swear.."

"No don't!" he exclaimed and got silenced by Scott who remembered him that they'd be in big trouble if the Kanima woke up.

"Kanima?" you asked. "What the fuck, Stiles?!"

"Okay, I will tell you everything, alright? Just let us take care of this first. We need to get him to the basement and tie him up."

"Tie him up.." you repeated slowly. 

"Yes. With chains. Look, go back to bed and I'll talk to you in the morning. Don't tell dad anything," Stiles begged you.

"You don't think he'll hear a big ass reptile making noises in the basement?"

"Let's hope he doesn't."