The Unexpected - a Stiles Stilinski story

As everyone else was talking loudly in class, you were sitting in the back hunched over a notebook trying to write down as much as you could before the teacher would come back. You loved to write and whenever an idea popped into your head you just had to write it down, too worried you'd forget about it if you didn't. When the teacher entered the classroom everyone went quiet; your signal to put down your pen and pay attention. 

After the bell rang you were in a hurry to leave. It was lunchtime and you wanted to get a table outside so you could enjoy the sunshine while writing down another idea for a story that you had just thought of. You had just sat down and started writing when a loud noise interrupted your thought process. You looked up and saw a crowd forming around a tree not too far from where you were sitting. You were never really interested in anything that happened in school, but something made you want to get up and see what all the commotion was about. 

As you got closer you saw Isaac -who was in your English class- beating the living hell out of someone you didn't recognize. Another guy tried to get inbetween them, but Isaac pushed him away. You hadn't realized how much force he had used until you saw that the guy wasn't getting up right away and had blood on his hands. You made your way over to him before anyone else did.

"Are you okay?" you asked him and only realized it was another one of your classmates when he started talking.

"Yeah, just right now I wish I was a were-..eh..uh.." Stiles stammered the last word when he realized you weren't one of his friends. 

"You wish you were, what?" you asked, slightly confused.

"Uh nothing," he replied. "I thought you were Lydia."

You assumed Lydia was his girlfriend which made you feel slightly jealous -you'd always thought he was really cute- and in a way a little hurt, thinking he didn't appreciate your help as much as he would hers.

"Oh.." you said in a low voice, but clear enough for Stiles to hear it.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you.." his voice was pitched a little higher than normal, almost making it sound like a question. "You're Laura, right? We have chemistry together," he said trying to make the conversation less awkward, but by saying that seemed to only make it worse -for himself. "Uh the class, I mean. Chemistry class. We have it. We're in the same class.. Oh god," he said and mumbled the last two words to himself. 

"We do," you giggled. "And it looks like you don't have a bad concussion if you remember who I am. You do seem to be bleeding from the back of your head though.."

You had spotted the wound a few seconds earlier and was surprised to see that much blood coming out of such a small gash. 

"Stiles!" a girl with red hair shouted and came running towards the two of you. 

"Lydia I'm okay," he assured her and held his hand up, making sure she didn't get too close. He must have not wanted to get her summer dress covered in blood.

"You should probably take him to see the nurse," you told her as you were standing up. 

Lydia looked at you, narrowing her eyes and pouting her lips slightly. It looked to you as if she was considering something. 

"Can you take him?" she finally asked.

"Erm yes? I mean sure," you replied and raised your eyebrow when you saw her winking at Stiles. You weren't sure what it meant, but you shrugged it off and took him to the nurse's office. 

A few days later Stiles asked you if you wanted to hang out with him after school and soon it became a regular after school activity. A lot of times his best friend Scott and Scott's on-and-off girlfriend Allison would be there too, and occasionally Lydia -who turned out to be just a friend of Stiles. You had built up friendships with all of them, but your friendship with Stiles meant the most to you and those times you hung out together -alone- were your favorite. He was the most sweetest person ever and definitely the most handsome guy you had ever laid eyes on. Usually you'd be shy around boys you liked, but it was different with Stiles. You were just so comfortable around him and you absolutely loved it. Sometimes you got the feeling that he thought the same way about you, but you didn't want to say anything in case you were wrong. And that was okay. You were fine with the way things were at the moment. Except for maybe one thing.