"we'll see each other soon, right?"

"i hope so,"

"i miss you so much."

"me too..."

"i promise that i'll be there soon, just please wait a little longer."

"i will, don't worry."

"i love you,"

"mhm, i have to go now."

"ah, where to?"

"to the library to finish up my art project. i'll talk to you soon, bye."

and yet again.

she hung up on him with another excuse, this time, the one she used 3 weeks ago.

"she didn't say 'i love you' back.." jungkook mumbled in a quiet voice, clutching his phone tightly in his hand, as if the phone was her and if he let go she would never come back to him.

he looked down at his lit phone screen, which displayed a selfie of both him and his girlfriend.

they used to be so happy.

inhaling deeply, jungkook closed his eyes tightly to clear his mind. he quickly shook off the unpleasant thoughts and stuffed his phone back into the pocket of his ripped jeans.

he then stood up, brushing away the dust on his flannel before making his way back to the store.

jungkook halted in his steps before swallowing the lump in his throat.

"we'll be okay, right?"

+

jungkook laid still, sprawled out across his queen-sized bed as he stared at the ceiling trying to make sense of his surroundings.

"why do i live my life like this everyday?" a long sigh escaped his plump lips.

just as he rolled to his right side to grab his phone from the bedside table, his mom barged into the room.

"jeon jungkook! do you have any idea what time it is now? do you not remember what's on for today? hurry and get your lazy ass into the bathroom right now before i don't give you your breakfast!" mrs jeon screeched as she roughly smacked jungkook's thigh, attempting to pull him off his bed despite her tiny frame.

jungkook groaned painfully as he ripped his mother's hands off his body. "what have i done in my previous life to deserve this..." jungkook grumbled under his breath, rolling off the bed.

a dull thump was heard before jungkook managed to get himself up off from the floor

mrs jeon stood with her arms crossed over her chest, staring down her son. jungkook yawned, running a hand through his messy hair before he met his mother's glaring eyes.

"mom, will you please stop looking at me like that? just give me a sec alright," turning around, jungkook made his way into the bathroom as he secretly rolled his eyes.

"hurry up son, you're going to be late for work!" that was the last thing he heard before he shut the bathroom door behind him.

"right, work. who's dumb idea was it to let a grown man work in a freaking lingerie store?" jungkook licked his lips before squeezing some toothpaste onto his toothbrush.

he placed the toothbrush into his mouth and started brushing.

as he looked up, jungkook found him staring back at his own reflection in the mirror.

"one more month, jeonjungkook. one more month and you're going to japan with the money to find your love. hang in there,"