十一

Jimin stumbled out of the house and threw up in the nearby drain before tears started streaming down his face. Reality was harsh and it hit him like a brick, tearing his world apart.

He tried to pretend that he was okay, that he wasn't hurt by what happened. But once he stepped out of the house, the numbness was knocked off him and the pain just came at him in one single blow — it wasn't when he heard Taehyung's moans coming from his girlfriend's room, nor was it when he witnessed his girlfriend cheating that he felt the pain of it all.

It was ridiculous how you could treat someone so good, not expect anything in return but instead get stabbed in the back.

This wasn't fair.

He let out a painful, blood-curdling scream that echoed in the neighbourhood as he pounded his fist onto the cement road. Blood seeped through his cracked knuckles but he didn't care, because this was less painful compared to the truth he was facing.

His nails were broken, his knuckles were cracked— but none of the pain registered.

He ran his bloodied hands through his messy locks, letting tears fall freely down his face.

What was all of it for?

+

PRESENT TIME

Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about you.

The girl from the lingerie store.

Sure, he has met countless women while working there but there's never been someone who lingered in his mind for so long.

Your beauty was captivating. Jungkook couldn't put into words how beautiful he thought you were. He couldn't pinpoint the exact features which caught his eye but all he knew was that he wanted to get to know you.

He recollected himself and shut his eyes, cursing himself once again for having such warped thoughts. "I have a girlfriend... Stop thinking about that girl..." He muttered under his breath, frustrated at himself.

But everytime he closed his eyes, the day he saw you replayed in his head.

With your perfectly curled hair and your head held high, he remembered how you waltzed in with an effortless saunter. The tapping of your flats against the marble floor added rhythm to the soft music that played in the store. He recalled how your eyes met his and how your lips moved when you asked for the sexiest set of lingerie.

He could vividly remember the moment he started wondering who were you buying it for.

Sighing, Jungkook rolled to the other side of his bed, checking the time on his phone.

Just as he was about to get up for a shower, his phone rang.

"Sarah?"

Silence.

"Babe? Why'd you call?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow in confusion when his girlfriend didn't say anything from the other side of the line.

"He doesn't have to know. There's no way he would know, we're in Japan!"

Jungkook's breath hitched as millions of thoughts flashed through his mind.
"What..." He trailed off warily, wondering what she was talking about.

"I love you, okay? I mean, I've not seen him for almost a year now. This long-distance thing really isn't working out for me..."

Jungkook's heart stopped.

"Jungkook? He doesn't matter to me, I don't love him anymore."

He wanted to be wrong. He wanted to tell himself that it wasn't his girlfriend who was speaking, but he knew better than to lie to himself.

Jungkook hung up.

Tears were pooling in his eyes and his hands went cold. He felt as if he couldn't breathe and that someone was choking him. His heart felt constricted and numb.

It wasn't long before Jungkook started crying. He bit down hard on his lower lip in an attempt to keep his sobs quiet, he didn't want anyone to hear him.

But reality slapped him across the face hard and the pain was gnawing away at his very being.

Burying his face into his palm, heavy, painful cries escaped his bleeding lips. He couldn't believe that this was happening to him. He was supposed to go to Japan in a week's time to reunite with her, he was supposed to hug her and tell her how much he missed her.

He removed his face from his palms and tilted his head back, letting his tears escape.

With tears still blurring his vision, he picked up his phone and dialled another number.

+

"Did you cancel the flight?"

Jungkook blinked warily before shaking his head.

"Good."

"Why?"

"Why? Because I'm going there to fucking kill her." Yoongi seethed, balling his fists in anger.

The younger could only sigh. "Hyung... Don't."

"Don't? You were literally going to fly there to find her and this is what she does to you? Why the hell do you think it's okay for her to just treat you like that? Because you love her?"

Jungkook's lips pressed into a thin line, he let out a solemn breath. No matter how many times he tried convincing himself that he didn't love her anymore, the truth was that he still did. No matter how many times he remembered what she said about him, it was the pleasant memories that mattered to him.

Seeing how silent Jungkook was, Yoongi groaned in annoyance.
"Are you kidding me right now? Look what fucking happened! You got cheated on for loving her, is this what you wanted?" He asked in confusion.

Jungkook met Yoongi's burning gaze and bit his lip, "Hyung... I didn't want this. Nobody wants to get cheated on..." Jungkook's voice faded into a whisper and his eyes turned glossy again.

Yoongi's heart clenched in pain. He hated seeing Jungkook like this — broken and lost. But what he hated even more was how helpless he felt, he knew he couldn't do anything to ease the younger's pain.

"Yoongi... take it easy. He's already having a hard time, don't make it harder for him." Jin said and plopped onto the couch beside the youngest. Jin placed his arm on Jungkook's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze as a form of reassurance, "We're here for you, okay? You're not alone. We'll help you get through this."

Jungkook could only force a faint smile onto his face. He was confused, and he didn't know what to do from here on. What was he supposed to do? Find her and set things straight? Stay in Korea and pretend nothing happened?

How he wished there was someone who could tell him how to remedy the pain.