"I'll be home late today, don't wait for me. Goodnight."

sent 11:56PM

"where are you?"

read 12:01AM

You could only chuckle bitterly to yourself.

How naive were you to even hope that he'll stupidly tell you where he is, or even when he's coming back home.

You blinked back tears as your hand tightened its grip on the door knob of your room door, you couldn't help but think of what he possibly was doing tonight with the other women he'd meet at the clubs he went to.

Pushing the door open, you made your way to the kitchen and reached for the highest cabinet.

I need some form of escape, right?

And of course, soon enough, you were pouring yourself a glass of wine from the unfinished bottle two days ago.

Here you were, holding the half empty wine glass in your hand as you leaned back against the marble counter, trying your best to take you mind off your boyfriend.

Heck, I probably don't even cross his mind that frequently now that he has another.

It all started 3 months ago. When you realized the mismatched lies he told you.

He would say that he'd go out drinking with his collegues but when he doesn't pick up his phone at 2AM in the morning and you call one of them, they would pick up the call with sleepy voices and tired yawns.

They were never out drinking in the first place.

He would say that the constant beeping of his phone was because of the business emails he's receiving.

But little does he know that you notice how wide he smiles whenever he replies to those "emails".

His lies were endless.

But you realized that you were the one convincing yourself to fall deeper into his lies.

You loved him and you couldn't let go, no matter what he was doing to you.